Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another MSU/U-M debate

KAWDUP said:
I never said it wasn't my issue. If you can't handle that I can't think of it that way - well you know what you can do.

No, you never said that, but you did say he needs to define his terms. Now it sounds like you understand the terms, but just can't wrap your head around them.

Personally the limitations of your mind aren't a big concern to me, I'm just being persnickity.

(i am just giving you shit here, there's nothing nefarious going on)

((and yes, that nefarious drop was a shameless attempt at gaining a karma point from GBIA))

DR said:
KAWDUP said:
I never said it wasn't my issue. If you can't handle that I can't think of it that way - well you know what you can do.

No, you never said that, but you did say he needs to define his terms. Now it sounds like you understand the terms, but just can't wrap your head around them.

Personally the limitations of your mind aren't a big concern to me, I'm just being persnickity.

((and yes, that nefarious drop was a shameless attempt at gaining a karma point from GBIA))

gotta spell it correctly first. :*)

<<No, you never said that, but you did say he needs to define his terms. Now it sounds like you understand the terms, but just can't wrap your head around them.>>

. . . um, no - I think you have it just a bit wrong. I certainly understand his "defined" terms and disagree that they represent anything useful to discuss.

. . . and further that they are invalid to discuss eliteness in any way.

Get it now - o' giver of shit? :*)

KAWDUP said:
DR said:
I didn't??

No it is persnickety. No worries - I'm just giving you shit :*)

Oh, I thought you meant nefarious. Guess I'm not as persnickety as I thought, allowing that misspelling to slip through.

DR said:
KAWDUP said:

I saw that for what it was and wasn't going to give a point, but since you admitted your shamlessness, here ya go. (When I reload. KAWDUP is caught up.)

How pedantic ... nothing but ad hominem attacks and pejorative discourse.

"ad hominem attacks" is so overused.

ad hominem literally means "to the man".

It is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise. But this is a logical fallacy as sometimes the questions of character or conduct are legitimate and relevant.

:*)

Nope, just making fun of that bitch "Go_Bucks" who used the term to excess. Turned out he was using the M-W.com Word of the Day and trying to incorporate it into posts.

GBiA would get the joke, I think-

No, I got it, but it was my lame attempt to keep it going. :*(

Sorry about that

bigvic said:
Nope, just making fun of that bitch "Go_Bucks" who used the term to excess. Turned out he was using the M-W.com Word of the Day and trying to incorporate it into posts.

GBiA would get the joke, I think-

Yeah, I got it. Just like old times, eh Vic?

Hungry said:
M_RABID said:
More successful, yes.

More prestigious, no.

It looks different to the kids who have only been paying attention for the last 10 years.
If you are more familiar with Harry Potter than you are with STAR WARS, then I can understand your misconception.

prestige = respect over a long time span.

M > MSU

Isn't this the exact same thing I said, but you used 'prestige' and I used 'elite?' Diggler argues with me, but agrees with mrabid? To me 'eliteness' and 'prestigious' are very similar. Accomplishments and success are very similar.

Uh- Nooooo.
Star Wars!!!
Hello!

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Hungry said:
Isn't this the exact same thing I said, but you used 'prestige' and I used 'elite?' Diggler argues with me, but agrees with mrabid? To me 'eliteness' and 'prestigious' are very similar. Accomplishments and success are very similar.

If the 2 programs had started at zero 10 years ago, I can see what the MSU fan is talking about, but that isn't how they started. Michigan was at an imaginary 100 points and MSU was at an imaginary 30 points 10 years ago. Michigan dropped about 10 points in the last 10 years, while MSU basketball gained about 50 points in the last 10 years. The point system obviously isn't real, I'm just showing how I'm looking at prestige aka eliteness.

I took the original premise as "If we were to lift the past 10 years out of history and compare them, how do they stack up."

I agree whole-heartedly with your position if I misunderstood the premise.

Suck up!

bigvic said:
How pedantic ... nothing but ad hominem attacks and pejorative discourse.

Oh no you di-unt!

I call shenanigans!

Blatant karma buggering!

KAWDUP said:
"ad hominem attacks" is so overused.

ad hominem literally means "to the man".

It is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise. But this is a logical fallacy as sometimes the questions of character or conduct are legitimate and relevant.

:*)

And somebody is using Google again.
cool.png

If you think I needed Google to get that though, you are sadly mistken, and don't know me very well.

. . . but yes it is directly from Google. :*)

Back