Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anybody here actually pay attention in church?

As a former catholic, I didn't really mind the first half of church. The three readings and the homily usually held my interest and were sometimes quite engaging. The long lull during and after communion is where my attention span usually ran out, without that part I might've enjoyed going to church more.

I also hated the constant switch from sitting to standing to kneeling to standing etc. etc. etc.

They pretty much got rid of that last part now..a church here or there still might do the sitting, standing, kneeling but it's been changed. No kneeling.

I didn't mind the kneeling but it is what it is..

They pretty much got rid of that last part now..a church here or there still might do the sitting, standing, kneeling but it's been changed. No kneeling.

Really? So the church changed routine by popular demand? Or was it divine intervention?

I don't think I have ever seen a Catholic Church without kneelers. I know someone who recently got married at Mass, and spent 90% of the ceremony on their knees.

I don't think I have ever seen a Catholic Church without kneelers. I know someone who recently got married at Mass, and spent 90% of the ceremony on their knees.

Must be the new math. I've been going to Mass most of my life I never kneel 90%. A little exaggeration, eh?

No. They literally were up front kneeling though the whole Mass, except for communion and the actual wedding ceremony.

Maybe cause it was a wedding, haven't been to one in awhile. But Catholic church do kneel..but it's not like it's mandatory.

Back