Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anybody Watching Sparty by the Sea?

I'm watching it, but I don't think state will be able to keep it close. It's cool to see the water just over the stands with some of the camera angles.

They were winning there for a little. No one really expected them to stay close to the #1 team in the nation, so its going about as expected. I'm watching. Its a spectacle to behold even though it does involve a rival.

At least we can rebound, too bad thse don't count towards the score. I'm seeing big foul trouble in the second half and UNC pulling away. I'm not as impressed with UNC as I thought I would be. They are getting a lot of their points from the line and missing shots they should make. Meh, first game, played outdoors, national media, President, all might have something to do with it.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Nice to se them go from up 7 to down 18

They are GOOD. It doesn't help when you can barely shoot 30 % from the field either. It looks to be our achiles heel so far. Other than that, i'm impressed with the physicality and rebounding.

MichChamp02 said:
has the ball gone in the ocean yet?

My wife asked how they can be playing out in the middle of the ocean without waves and currents making the carrier bob up and down.

I let the aforementioned Marine Vet explain where the ship was.

Seriously, MSU could have stopped that UNC run in the first half if they could have hit an outside shot. Not even a three but an outside shot. They were killing UNC on the boards, especially early.

UNC is the most talented team in the nation. We fought hard, but lost to a better team.

Still, we struggled to shoot 30% from the field and I though committed a lot of poor fouls. Lost by 12. Hit half of our open shots and it's a very close game. Looks like Sparty has a very talented team that will search for an identity this season. Look out come Tourney time as this team did not look out of place versus basically an NBA team waiting to happen.

We lost by 12 and will probably lose to Duke, but this is a good team and they somehow have more talent than last year.

IDK Duke only beat Belmont by one point. Now I know it is a talented Belmont team but come on the were going toe to toe with duke...

That was a game where the outcome was irrelevant and there's no way you can gauge MSUs shooting based on these circumstances.

Back