Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone from North Carolina or have lived there?

I actually might be coming to NC for a visit next year. GF's friend is moving in with a guy who is in the Army and lives down there. But don't worry, he's not like some redneck... he's originally from NYC and was in army intelligence. he's not a NASCAR fan, and he has also been abroad and speaks other languages.

Last edited:
I don't live in Albuquerque. You must have me confused with NewMexicoChamp

So michchamp doesn't like NC? Now I'm convinced its the place to be. Though I'm guessing its because its a red state and the most recent GOP convention was there.

So michchamp doesn't like NC? Now I'm convinced its the place to be. Though I'm guessing its because its a red state and the most recent GOP convention was there.

meh... if I had to go extreme, South Carolina would be the place to be.

super high income disparity between the wealthy and everyone else; ultra-fundamentalist Christianity pervasive through the culture and government; ignorant, racist, meth-addicted citizens; riddled with rampant rural crime; some of the highest violent crime rates statewide in the nation; rivals the south side of Chicago, or the Tex-Mex Border.

praise the lord and pass the ammunition. and the meth.

New plan, lol.

I was moving here for many reason, one being my sister and her family who lives close by. She moved from Arizona 3 months ago.

THEY'RE MOVING BACK.

So now we're going to Arizona, Prescott or Scottsdale maybe. My wife has a brother up that way so this might work out better.

Least they have a ball team up there.

Last edited:
Well, Arizona has rattlesnakes too. They named a ballclub after them.

Plus Scorpions. Ick.

Well, Arizona has rattlesnakes too. They named a ballclub after them.

Plus Scorpions. Ick.

Not where I'm going. Plus its not about the snakes but being near family.

But thanks for being concerned.

I actually might be coming to NC for a visit next year. GF's friend is moving in with a guy who is in the Army and lives down there. But don't worry, he's not like some redneck... he's originally from NYC and was in army intelligence. he's not a NASCAR fan, and he has also been abroad and speaks other languages.

You realize that you have to go no farther than Hazel Park to find the sort of redneck that makes the guy in Mt. Holly, NC come off as Professor C. Vann Woodward.

Back