Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone Going to Indy?

TheVictors

RodgHarbaugh_AP_Ringer.0.jpeg

Michigan and Purdue.

Kind of a home game for Purdue, on the other hand, Michigan play there last year.

I live in Indy, so I'll be downtown for the game. Not sure on buying tickets just yet. Depends on how big our group gets.

We?re going - arrive Saturday about 5hrs before kickoff, return Sunday - seems everything is just right at Lucas and I?m guessing Purdue fans will show up in force..?

Michigan and Purdue.

Kind of a home game for Purdue, on the other hand, Michigan play there last year.

It's their first Big Ten Championship, so I imagine they'll have some elevated interest from that.

But on the other hand, they've lost four games and are basically backing into it, so they can't be THAT interested.

We?re going - arrive Saturday about 5hrs before kickoff, return Sunday - seems everything is just right at Lucas and I?m guessing Purdue fans will show up in force..?

We got downtown about 3.5 hours before kickoff last year. Restaurants and bars were insane. I don't know if crowd levels will be the same again, but it was hard to get into a place. Even Dick's Last Resort had a line of about 100 people waiting to get in and that place is usually dead.

Might want to look for reservations if you're planning on doing dinner before the game.

Tickets already down about $100 each. I will be in Louisville this weekend but I'm considering making the hour and 40 minute drive.

We got downtown about 3.5 hours before kickoff last year. Restaurants and bars were insane. I don't know if crowd levels will be the same again, but it was hard to get into a place. Even Dick's Last Resort had a line of about 100 people waiting to get in and that place is usually dead.

Might want to look for reservations if you're planning on doing dinner before the game.

I would imagine things at Dick?s Last Resort would stay pretty slow until it gets close to closing time.

I heard it was the last hour ?beer goggle? drink special that really makes that place get busy when push comes to shove.

Wish I could. Do not think my back could hold up. If I win the lottery in the next monthI will buy a box for all of us .how many fit in a box ?

Last edited:
I would imagine things at Dick?s Last Resort would stay pretty slow until it gets close to closing time.

I heard it was the last hour ?beer goggle? drink special that really makes that place get busy when push comes to shove.

there was one of those in Chicago. it was awful, and not in a good way. It closed at some point in the last 10 years.

it was really only the "last resort" for vacationing small-town midwesterners who could best be described by the word "FRUMPY"... locals knew to avoid that place like it was... something... need a new metaphor here. Since COVID hit, We've seen that "avoid it like the plague" is no longer a meaningful metaphor, since most Americans will not try to avoid a plague.

Sounds like a plan. I expect that Minnesota will be the opponent.

Solid expectation.

That would mean we play them twice, which is a little concerning.

If McNamara transfers to Iowa, they could be solid as well. I think Minn needs a QB next year though. Current guy is like 26 years old. Cade might go there.

I could also see Fickell working out well in Wisconsin. They really only need a competent coach to be good, and he seems to fit the bill.

If history is any indication, it doesn't take much to win the west, just some basic consistency. And it's still very forgiving if you lose a game you shouldn't (unlike the East)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could. Do not think my back could hold up. If I win the lottery in the next monthI will buy a box for all of us .how many fit in a box ?

Looks like 19-30 seats on average and will run you around $20-$30k (link)

maybe enough for the regulars here and a couple plus ones.

Maybe Cade will transfer to Arizona. They only have five QBs on the roster and they are all sophomores and younger. He can then ripple some of them to transfer. College football is so stable these days.

Hadn?t really thought specific logistics and I?ve been to Indy a number of times through the years but if we?re staying at Hyatt - downtown, would it make sense to just drive to Lucas Oil? Drinking/Driving is irrelevant and I don?t mind paying ?$40? to park like a Broncos game, but Food/Eat before the game ? should we eat downtown and then go or Go and figure out food there? Prefer something better than Stadium food but not looking for Chop House or anything fancy. Last ?Bowl? game I went to was the BWW Shitfest w/Kansas State but a fun and blurry time prepartying with Tinsel the Mrs Tinsel and a few other Board Regs if I recall.

But we?d also been at a Moonshine Bar in Scottsdale before that and really hadn?t eaten much in the way of food at all ?. MILL STREET

I do have an Extra ticket and honestly, I?m a DeadHead and may just Miracle some student outside the Stadium. Back in the day at a Show if we needed a ticket we?d send Stacey out to the lot and she?d come back in 5-mins, ticket in hand. If one of us scrubs went out looking, nada.

GOBLUE

thinking of dressing as Harbaugh and dammit if my kiddo doesn?t look a bit like JJ!

Last edited:
Back