Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

AP poll for 10/9 All 8 divisions

biggunsbob

Division 1
Rank, School (1st-place votes) (Record) Poll Points
1. Clarkston (4) (7-0) 48
2. Lake Orion (1) (7-0) 46
3. Detroit Cass Tech (6-1) 41
4. Livonia Churchill (7-0) 31
5. Warren Mott (7-0) 25
6. Rockford (5-2) 21
7. Flint Carman-Ainsworth (6-1) 16
8. Macomb Dakota (6-1) 11
T9. Monroe (6-1) 8
T9. Dearborn Fordson (6-1) 8
Others receiving votes: 11, Clinton Township Chippewa Valley 6. 11, Plymouth 6. 13, Hartland 3. 13, Detroit Catholic Central 3. 15, Saline 2.

Division 2
1. Muskegon (5) (7-0) 50
2. Midland (7-0) 43
3. Lowell (6-1) 40
4. Birmingham Brother Rice (5-2) 33
5. Oak Park (7-0) 26
6. Bay City Western (7-0) 24
7. Lansing Everett (7-0) 23
8. Farmington (6-1) 13
T9. Mattawan (7-0) 6
T9. Traverse City Central (6-1) 6
Others receiving votes: 11, Swartz Creek 3. 11, Caledonia 3. 13, Brownstown Woodhaven 2. 13, Wyandotte Roosevelt 2. 15, Walled Lake Northern 1.

Division 3
1. Orchard Lake St. Mary (5) (6-1) 50
2. Zeeland East (7-0) 45
3. Grand Rapids Christian (6-1) 40
4. Stevensville Lakeshore (7-0) 35
5. Fruitport (7-0) 28
6. Linden (6-1) 24
7. Milan (7-0) 21
8. Dewitt (6-1) 11
9. Lapeer West (5-2) 9
10. St. Clair (7-0) 8
Others receiving votes: 11, Bloomfield Hills Andover 2. 11, Auburn Hills Avondale 2.

Division 4
1. Grand Rapids Catholic Central (5) (7-0) 50
2. Croswell-Lexington (7-0) 44
3. Paw Paw (7-0) 41
4. Grosse Ile (6-1) 34
5. Detroit Country Day (6-1) 31
6. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep (7-0) 21
7. Battle Creek Pennfield (6-1) 19
8. Comstock Park (6-1) 15
9. Dearborn Heights Robichaud (7-0) 11
10. Zeeland West (5-2) 8
Others receiving votes: 11, Goodrich 1.

Division 5
1. Flint Powers (5) (7-0) 50
2. Jackson Lumen Christi (7-0) 44
3. Muskegon Oakridge (7-0) 41
4. Frankenmuth (7-0) 33
5. Dowagiac Union (7-0) 29
6. Kingsford (6-1) 20
7. Grayling (7-0) 19
8. Lansing Catholic (6-1) 14
9. River Rouge (7-0) 9
10. Menominee (6-1) 6
Others receiving votes: 11, Carrollton 4. 12, Portland 2. 12, Reed City 2. 14, Leslie 1. 14, Hopkins 1.

Division 6
1. Ithaca (4) (7-0) 49
2. Schoolcraft (1) (7-0) 46
3. Negaunee (7-0) 31
T4. Clinton (7-0) 29
T4. Constantine (6-1) 29
6. Hillsdale (7-0) 26
7. Michigan Center (7-0) 22
8. Millington (7-0) 17
9. Hemlock (6-1) 14
10. Montague (6-1) 6
Others receiving votes: 11, Watervliet 3. 12, Grass Lake 2. 13, Vassar 1.

Division 7
1. Detroit Loyola (4) (7-0) 49
2. Reese (1) (7-0) 46
3. Mancelona (7-0) 39
4. Ishpeming (6-1) 28
5. Lawton (6-1) 25
6. Decatur (6-1) 21
7. Saginaw Nouvel (5-2) 18
8. Ottawa Lake Whiteford (6-1) 15
9. Traverse City St. Francis (4-3) 11
10. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett (6-1) 8
Others receiving votes: 11, Reading 4. 11, Union City 4. 11, Waterford Our Lady 4. 14, Lake City 3.

Division 8
1. Mendon (4) (7-0) 47
2. New Lothrop (7-0) 44
3. Beal City (1) (7-0) 39
4. St. Ignace LaSalle (7-0) 29
T5. Harbor Beach (6-1) 26
T5. Iron Mountain North Dickinson (7-0) 26
7. Fowler (6-1) 19
8. Climax-Scotts (7-0) 13
9. Muskegon Catholic Central (5-2) 10
10. Crystal Falls Forest Park (6-1) 9
Others receiving votes: 11, Mount Pleasant Sacred Heart 8. 12, Manistee Catholic Central 4. 13, L'Anse 1.

Weird to see that East Grand Rapids is 2-5 and will have their first losing season since 200 and only there third in the last like 30+ years..

On the Bob 's teams front last week played out like I expected.. My nephews team Mason went to 5-2 with a blow out win at home and now have two road games to try and get to 6 wins and another playoff birth..They travel to 4-3 Waverly and the teams have mirror points for and against..Both are 3-2 in the conference and both have lost to the same teams. Waverly 153/92//Mason 144/108.. Overall Waverly 199/140...Mason 194/125. Waverly has a easy week nine game and Mason does not.. winner of this game makes the playoffs. Mason if they lose has to face a right now undefeated Crosswell-Lexington next week. I think Waverly at home is a slight favorite..

Byron Center won their third in a row to go to 4-3.. A easy win over win-less Holland..They now play at 4-3 Unity Christian and 3-4 Holland christian both on the road.. I think the score that is telling is Zeeland West beat BC 22-0 in a really hard fought game... ZW beat Unity Christian 50-6. I hope our defense comes to play and gets the win theses last two games.. I do not think at 5-4 either Mason or BC will have enough points to make the playoffs if there is spots open to them.. Now Mason's wins are all garbage but BC does have a nice win over 6-1 Northview and 4-3 Hamilton. Still win the games and make it moot..

Last edited:
Brother Rice won the Boy's Bowl. Beat CC 20-14. Yay. Had lots of family there. I had to miss it, but haven't missed many over the years. Didn't think it would drop CC out of the top 10. Oh well.

Brother Rice won the Boy's Bowl. Beat CC 20-14. Yay. Had lots of family there. I had to miss it, but haven't missed many over the years. Didn't think it would drop CC out of the top 10. Oh well.

where do they play that now?

my senior year ('98 - game took place in fall '97) was the infamous half-time brawl.

I remember both administrations took pains to defuse some of the tension, and I think they moved it from a different site. Up until then it was held at Wisner Stadium in Pontiac.

I didn't know they were even still calling it the Boy's Bowl.

where do they play that now?

my senior year ('98 - game took place in fall '97) was the infamous half-time brawl.

I remember both administrations took pains to defuse some of the tension, and I think they moved it from a different site. Up until then it was held at Wisner Stadium in Pontiac.

I didn't know they were even still calling it the Boy's Bowl.

I don't think it is called Boy's Bowl any more - that is just my name for it. Hasn't been at Wisner in quite awhile. I believe this year it was in Berkley - Hurley Field. Pretty big for a high school stadium.

I don't think it is called Boy's Bowl any more - that is just my name for it. Hasn't been at Wisner in quite awhile. I believe this year it was in Berkley - Hurley Field. Pretty big for a high school stadium.

were you at the '97 game?

I remember CC fans had the tradition of treating it as a home game and tailgating outside the stadium.

that year we decided that we would also tailgate.

being naive high school students not used to mob warfare, we didn't consider the fact that from where our tailgate was: 1.) we'd have to walk through the CC tailgate to get to the game, whereby they would be able to "repay" any of the abuse we heaped on them and 2.) CC parents, alumni, and fans are more akin to ohio* fans, than they are to the well-heeled parents, alumni and fans of Bro Rice... so when they "repaid" the abuse, it was not in-kind, but consisted of hitting us with ice, beverages, beer bottles, rocks, and hoping a few of us would be stupid enough to try and fight back...

Youch, I never had that experience. I remember some testy altercations, but never rock and bottle throwing.

I believe I was at the 97 game. Somewhere around there they lost a close one in the middle of a bad stretch of 4 losses in a row. They did rather poorly throughout the 90's against their arch rival. Memory is hazy - can't remember the scores, but I do remember feeling pretty lousy for awhile there. They would meet in the regular season and lose and then meet again in the Catholic League Championship and lose again. They were something like 2-11 in the 90's. Yuck!

Last edited:
Youch, I never had that experience. I remember some testy altercations, but never rock and bottle throwing.

I believe I was at the 97 game. Somewhere around there they lost a close one in the middle of a bad stretch of 4 losses in a row. They did rather poorly throughout the 90's against their arch rival. Memory is hazy - can't remember the scores, but I do remember feeling pretty lousy for awhile there. They would meet in the regular season and lose and then meet again in the Catholic League Championship and lose again. They were something like 2-11 in the 90's. Yuck!

halftime of '97 was when a fight broke out on the field when some jackass from Bro Rice grabbed a flag from the CC band leader, and the CC band leader clocked him in an attempt to get it back. it started a brawl that was broken up by security. if you were there, you'd definitely remember that one.

I remember being in line getting something to eat when the announcer game over the PA screaming for security on the field... I couldn't see what was happening

that lead to some major changes in the event; CC started rotating catholic league opponents for the game after that.

we were 2-2 over my 4 years. we won in '94 & '96, lost in '95 & '97. according to google, I think we're up in the overall series 25-22 or something like that. it's impressive considering they were always a much bigger school.

halftime of '97 was when a fight broke out on the field when some jackass from Bro Rice grabbed a flag from the CC band leader, and the CC band leader clocked him in an attempt to get it back. it started a brawl that was broken up by security. if you were there, you'd definitely remember that one.

I remember being in line getting something to eat when the announcer game over the PA screaming for security on the field... I couldn't see what was happening

that lead to some major changes in the event; CC started rotating catholic league opponents for the game after that.

we were 2-2 over my 4 years. we won in '94 & '96, lost in '95 & '97. according to google, I think we're up in the overall series 25-22 or something like that. it's impressive considering they were always a much bigger school.

I remember a fight that changed a bunch of things - just wasn't sure when it really was, but memory is the first thing to go.

BTW 94, and 96 were the only two wins of the decade. BR was 2-11. Later in 96 BR lost to CC in the Catholic league championship. Lost to them twice in 95 for the same reason. 2-4 during your tenure. :*)

Went 3-1 during my tenure - but had an undefeated season my senior year. That was pretty exciting. Got a day off school after it was done.

Yeah, there were some disappointing teams during the 90s. We choked in the playoffs a couple times too

Back