Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

AP

boogerlovejoy

Lions to sign THE Adrian Peterson....

Are we switching him to DE?

I don?t get them. There were 2 top tier DE available (one free agent and one via trade) and we don?t make a play for either.....but then grab AP at a position we seemed to be set at?

Brilliant.

Who gets cut? Probably Scarborough....which is an upgrade, I guess.

Agree likely mean Bo is gone, so adding Peterson only adds about 400k to the cap, so no big financial risk. Also has familiarity with bevell.

Guessing Bevell had a lot to do with this.

Last edited:
Well since KJ is injured often and Swift is still injured he will be the starter by week 3.

Great news. Quinn admitting he is a dumb ass for drafting often injured college players.

Last edited:
Those des cost 15 million and wpuld br slight upgrade. Yannick costs draft picks too. Need somr carryover for next year instead of clowney

Peterson fits perfectly in bevells system. Only 1 to 2 million. Love the move for power back. Run often

Those des cost 15 million and wpuld br slight upgrade. Yannick costs draft picks too. Need somr carryover for next year instead of clowney

Peterson fits perfectly in bevells system. Only 1 to 2 million. Love the move for power back. Run often

Whats that up in the sky? It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a... pie?

LKP and his pie in the sky attitude, no Lions move is ever wrong. We don't win titles... we don't make the playoffs.. we don't win playoff games, but every god damned move is a "perfect fit".

How awesome would it be if all these "perfect fits" actually produced a division title or a playoff win?

Yes, good DE?s cost money. If you think Clowney or Ngakwe are ?slight? upgrades on this roster...... you know nothing. JC fit would have been perfect. We have the space.....one year deal so no long term cap effects (when it likely goes down next year). If he only plays 10 games so be it....

But hey, the brothers Okwara will lead us! ( I actually love the Okwara pick) we have zero...and I mean zero depth at DE.

Clowney is overrated. 3 sacks and not many impact plays for that price. Takes too many plays off. Give me Romeo, Julian and Hand with Flowers. And cap space next year for Golladay

Clowney is overrated. 3 sacks and not many impact plays for that price. Takes too many plays off. Give me Romeo, Julian and Hand with Flowers. And cap space next year for Golladay

I strongly recommend everyone bookmark this post. So in 8 years when Clowney is over the hill and has no gas left in the tank, AND we sign him (we will) AND we see the inevitable LKP comment about him being "perfect" we can pull this overrated comment back up.

We got AP on a minimal deal. No big news. Good addition for a cheap cost.

Peterson with bevell as oc. Look up minnesotas history

If we signed clowney for petersons price range it would be perfect

Could be next year. Clowney only one year deal and cant be franchised. And it might be a perfect fit in patricias d, jusy not for that amount of money is the problem

Move Agnew to WR. Draft Huntley. Dont put him on your 53 man roster. Lose him to Philly. Sign AP. Move Bo to IR.

A smart team would have just kept Huntley if you needed a 5th RB and he could have been your KR in the interim. Saves you Agnews money.

It also shows Kerryon is yet another 2nd rd RB bust. How soon until we add Swift to that list?

Huntley was dropping balls left and right at punt returner. Agnew is an all pro and has looked really good at wr..smart move by lions

Move Agnew to WR. Draft Huntley. Dont put him on your 53 man roster. Lose him to Philly. Sign AP. Move Bo to IR.

A smart team would have just kept Huntley if you needed a 5th RB and he could have been your KR in the interim. Saves you Agnews money.

It also shows Kerryon is yet another 2nd rd RB bust. How soon until we add Swift to that list?

You?re reading too much into this signing. Bringing AP to Detroit means nothing about K Johnson being a bust. We didn?t sign AP to rush for 1k+ yards. We signed him because he was cheap, he knows the system, proven and can produce if/when his number is called.

I?ll take AP over the 5th round pick we lost. You swing in those late rounds and chances are those guys aren?t on the roster in 2-3 years anyway.

You?re reading too much into this signing. Bringing AP to Detroit means nothing about K Johnson being a bust. We didn?t sign AP to rush for 1k+ yards. We signed him because he was cheap, he knows the system, proven and can produce if/when his number is called.

I?ll take AP over the 5th round pick we lost. You swing in those late rounds and chances are those guys aren?t on the roster in 2-3 years anyway.

agree with that 100%.

But you look at the local media at people are up in arms about losing Huntley to Philly. My response to that is if he wasnt even good enough to beat out Agnew who hasnt made a play in 2 years or Bo who was going to IR....then he was either 1) garbage or 2) the lions are dumb. Most of the time the lions are dumb...this time Huntley might simply be garbage.

Agnew had a huge kick return against Philly last year after that early benching and a punt return for a TD. Agnew was good and showing good things at WR. Plus has versatility if we need a slot CB in injury emergency too.

Detroit was 7th in KR average and 11th in punt return.

Only 6 teams had KR TD. Only 7 teams had PR TD. Lions had one of each. Lions only team in the NFL with both a kick and punt return for a TD in 2019. Thanks AGNEW

Huntley was the one dropping balls left and right in practice. He had his shot and he blew. 6th round pick Ty Johnson looked great too. Another reason Huntley is gone. Ty can kick return too.

AP replaces the injured Bo (oft injured Bo). Good addition for cheap.

Huntley properly picked in Round 5. Didn't work out because the Lions are STACKED at RB and have a good returner. Eagles need RBs and made a move.

Last edited:
Agnew was All-Poop last year and was benched for several games.

That?s not what the numbers say. But I do hope he is a better WR than CB.

Either way, he is one of the best return guys in the nfl.....which doesn?t mean that much anymore.

Liking this signing so far, would like to see the younger guys get a few more carries per game though.

Liking this signing so far, would like to see the younger guys get a few more carries per game though.

I agree...i think Swift needs to be the bell cow and AP comes in to get 6 - 10 carries a game. If anything to keep the defense guessing....Swift can be a threat on both run and pass downs. AP...not so much. Maybe the rookie is having a difficult time in pass pro?....i dunno.

Last edited:
Back