Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

AP

The Jags cut Fournette you dope. Talk about a waste

Kerryon and Swift are running routes well and pass pro. Yes they need more production but clearly have potential. Peterson, on a cheap contract and great job by Quinn, is producing. And clearly the Lions need all 3 and clearly AP wasn't available when both of those guys got drafted.

The Jags new it was a waste to keep a 1st rounder around that was going to cost a bunch of money.

But, was he really that bad? He had 2 full seasons and one cut short by injury (played a little over 7 games)

In his 2 full seasons (13 games and 15 games) he rushed for 1040 yards and 1152 yards. It's been 20 years since a Lions RB has rushed for more than 1150 yards. It's been 16 years since a Lion has rushed for more than 1040 yards.

Talk about pathetic!

The Jags new it was a waste to keep a 1st rounder around that was going to cost a bunch of money.

But, was he really that bad? He had 2 full seasons and one cut short by injury (played a little over 7 games)

In his 2 full seasons (13 games and 15 games) he rushed for 1040 yards and 1152 yards. It's been 20 years since a Lions RB has rushed for more than 1150 yards. It's been 16 years since a Lion has rushed for more than 1040 yards.

Talk about pathetic!

Lions have a QB racking up the yards and first downs. It's a committee in Detroit. 3 good backs vs 1. I take that any day of Robinson. And you do know all 3 of our backs are cheap. 2nd rounders are cheap and AP is cheap. Lions went cheap and still have loads of talent.

Kerryon 1.7, Swift 1.5 and Peterson cap hit is only 750K

750 K cap hit due to vet level exception rule for Peterson. 616K for Robinson cap hit for Jags.

LOL you guys just got burnt to the crisp. 100K difference lol

Last edited:
Lions have a QB racking up the yards and first downs. It's a committee in Detroit. 3 good backs vs 1. I take that any day of Robinson. And you do know all 3 of our backs are cheap. 2nd rounders are cheap and AP is cheap. Lions went cheap and still have loads of talent.

Kerryon 1.7, Swift 1.5 and Peterson cap hit is only 750K

750 K cap hit due to vet level exception rule for Peterson. 616K for Robinson cap hit for Jags.

LOL you guys just got burnt to the crisp. 100K difference lol

both teams 1-2

Jags as a team have rushed for 328 yards (4.9 YPC) and 3 TDs
Lions as a team have rushed for 317 yards (4.1 YPC) and 2 TDs

pretty close, a slight edge to the Jags

Jags as a team have thrown for 787 yards, 6 TDs and 3 INTs (101.3 rating)
Lions as a team have thrown for 811 yards, 5 TDs and 2 INTs (93.7 rating)

Pretty close with a slight edge to the Jags based on rating.

I guess they are comparable...well outside of the $21.75 M difference in cap hit at the QB position

Last edited:
He was drafted to be a RB. Pass protection can be a big part of that. As well as receiving. Catching and routes to free up other people (see Jesse James TD) And of course running the football.

Snap count is fairly even. Peterson producing
He was drafted, I assume, to run the ball. RB, more than any position don't last long. Use them early and often.

And committee of 3 just means that don't have any and have no plan.

The point is you were bitching about spending money. The Lions got all 3 backs cheap. They are talent and they are producing. The offense is producing despite two Oline injuries and 2 weeks without Golladay. Stafford looks good. Hock looking good. Marvin and Amendola still dependable threats. Marvin the deep ball guru. We got a good offense

The defense is making strides to get us more Ws. Patricia blitzed more and played 40% zone defense instead of usual 20%. They are making moves. Collins, Flowers and Harmon playing really well. Hand solid. Okudah made a big play. Need to get Trufant and Coleman back from injury and lets go get it.

Saints a nice test coming up. Lions at 2-2 would be a huge win for 4 tough games. Bears, Packers still 3-0. Zona was 2-0 before Lions loss. Toughest part of schedule about to be over. 3 of last 4 look tough. The next 8 after the bye the Lions can do good things and be a playoff contender. And this Saints game looks more winnable than it did in May for sure.

Execute Lions and shut some people up

The point is you were bitching about spending money. The Lions got all 3 backs cheap. They are talent and they are producing. The offense is producing despite two Oline injuries and 2 weeks without Golladay. Stafford looks good. Hock looking good. Marvin and Amendola still dependable threats. Marvin the deep ball guru. We got a good offense

The defense is making strides to get us more Ws. Patricia blitzed more and played 40% zone defense instead of usual 20%. They are making moves. Collins, Flowers and Harmon playing really well. Hand solid. Okudah made a big play. Need to get Trufant and Coleman back from injury and lets go get it.

Saints a nice test coming up. Lions at 2-2 would be a huge win for 4 tough games. Bears, Packers still 3-0. Zona was 2-0 before Lions loss. Toughest part of schedule about to be over. 3 of last 4 look tough. The next 8 after the bye the Lions can do good things and be a playoff contender. And this Saints game looks more winnable than it did in May for sure.

Execute Lions and shut some people up

the only thing I agree with is that the Lions remaining schedule is much easier than what it looked like prior to the season. Some of the teams that were better last year have taken a big step backward. MN, ATL, TN & the Texans are much worse than they were last year. Jax, Wash, Carolina are also garbage.

the only thing I agree with is that the Lions remaining schedule is much easier than what it looked like prior to the season. Some of the teams that were better last year have taken a big step backward. MN, ATL, TN & the Texans are much worse than they were last year. Jax, Wash, Carolina are also garbage.
Lions are garbage.

Lions are garbage.

they aren't good...but they are on par with the rest of the teams that I mentioned. Probably a little better than several of them.

Put it this way, the Lions could beat any of them but could also lose to any of them

they aren't good...but they are on par with the rest of the teams that I mentioned. Probably a little better than several of them.

Put it this way, the Lions could beat any of them but could also lose to any of them

They could beat all those teams. And they could be a dropped TD away from being 3-1 in the toughest part of the schedule. I'll take 2-2 (hopefully) and see what we can do in the next 8 very very winnable games. I had them at 1-3 and going on a run the whole time. 2-2 would just be icing on the early cake.

Saints have weapons and Brees can get it done but can't seem to go deep. Lions need to run the ball on Saints run defense (very good). Lions have the firepower to win this game. They have actually beat the Saints 3 of the last 4 times.

Some of those teams I think have under preformed and imo the Lions just plain stink.

I guess the Ravens fans should be upset since their rookie 2nd round RB isn’t getting the majority of reps. Or how about GB who also used a 2nd round pick on a RB that doesn’t sniff the field? The Rams, they used a 2nd round pick on a back who got injured week 1.

Doesn’t sound like the Lions are using their 2nd round RB any different than other teams who made the same draft choice in the 2nd round. Give it time!

I guess the Ravens fans should be upset since their rookie 2nd round RB isn?t getting the majority of reps. Or how about GB who also used a 2nd round pick on a RB that doesn?t sniff the field? The Rams, they used a 2nd round pick on a back who got injured week 1.

Doesn?t sound like the Lions are using their 2nd round RB any different than other teams who made the same draft choice in the 2nd round. Give it time!

The Ravens were the #1 seed in the AFC last year, that was a luxury pick. Ask GB fans if they were upset with the pick of a RB in the 2nd and 99% will say yes (they should be mad about the 1st round pick as well). As far as the Rams...the guy is injured.

They could beat all those teams. And they could be a dropped TD away from being 3-1 in the toughest part of the schedule. I'll take 2-2 (hopefully) and see what we can do in the next 8 very very winnable games. I had them at 1-3 and going on a run the whole time. 2-2 would just be icing on the early cake.

Saints have weapons and Brees can get it done but can't seem to go deep. Lions need to run the ball on Saints run defense (very good). Lions have the firepower to win this game. They have actually beat the Saints 3 of the last 4 times.

Yes, they could beat any of those teams I mentioned because those teams are total crap.

They are a dropped TD pass away from 2-1. They are just as close to being 0-3 thanks to a bad game by Murray. But, he had the bad game and the Lions won. Their record is what it is.

Heard Thomas might not play this weekend. That will definitely help the Lions. I agree that Drew Brees can't go deep...he is a shell of his old self.

Knowing this team they'll beat the Saints just to spite us and give us hope.

Back