Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Appalachian State

Appalachian State

Red and Guilty said:
Teams Michigan should try to schedule: App St., Arizona St., Army, BYU, Cornell, Miss St., UNC, Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee, Texas, and Toledo

If Michigan played Cornell it would be 105-0.

Appalachian State

Red and Guilty said:
App State earned the right to call us up for a game whenever they feel like it when they won the friggin' game. If we tie up the series we can be picky.

+1

Like all these major conf programs ducking Boise St

Appalachian State

[quote author=redandguilty board=wolverines thread=763 post=18843 time=1314305462]Any team Michigan has a losing record to is welcome on the schedule in my book. I'm surprised App State agreed to play. No quitting while they're ahead, I guess. I give them credit for that.[/quot

I'm with 'ya Red.....this game actually works on more than 1 level....we just have to endure the countless promo flashback clips.

Appalachian State

chengelis tweeted from coach moore's comments:

chengelis angelique
Moore/App St coach: "...experience a gameday at the Big House and test themselves against college football

Appalachian State

Well one thing is undeniable, ASU will be up for the game. UM better not overlook them again, and I have a feeling Hoke will have them watch that '07 game as a reminder and to get them focused. Hoke isn't the type to allow the motivation of winning that game escape him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was either the one who started the ball rolling to make the game happen or was instantly behind it. Any true Michigan Man wants to take on any / all schools UM has a losing record against...but I would think there's an even greater desire to remove some of that ASU tarnish. Hoke will be going after a thorough beat down for that game.

Appalachian State

I don't like it. I say a win is still meaningless against them. If we beat them in a close game, we suck. If we kick the shit out of them, we are bullying a D2 team. Let the record books forever show that we lost to Appy State, and the downward spiral of the greatest program in history had begun.

Let the recovery continue without the potential of, what I will from now on refer to as: TheUnThinkable happening.

Bad idea.

Appalachian State

I personally can't wait for the previous game flashbacks in the intro to the game on ESPN2, because I know the Michigan players will have seen them before the game, too. Then I'll get to see the actual game highlights at half-time as the Wolverines are up by 34 points.

Appalachian State

I want some payback from the first meeting and I want some of Miss. ST too! Bring it on!

Appalachian State

I agree with Art. This is a no win situation. Win, and of course, you were supposed to. But it still doesn't erase 2007. And, a bunch of sarcastic crap about "Michigan must be getting better if they can handle App St. now". I hate it.

Appalachian State

Another positive: if App State makes the jump to FBS, this game will bring that fact to the attention of much of the nation.

Appalachian State

I guess I'd feel better about it if it happened in say, 10 or 15 years.

Appalachian State

Jever4321 said:
Red and Guilty said:
It was the worst idea ever the first time. Now we need to clean up the all-time record book. It was a total lose-lose the first time...not this time.
Totally agree.

At the time it happened, Appy State seemed like the worst loss in Michigan history.

I doubt anybody thinks it is anymore though.

Back