Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Arizona seeks limits teaching on evolution

The Scopes Monkey Trial was in 1925... close to 100 years ago.

We've only learned more about evolution since then, and have actually observed genes and organisms evolved, meaning evolution is a Theory as well as a Fact. yet, here we are, still.

Sometimes I think things really are never going to get better... there are just too many stupid people. And, maybe this is more a topic for the politics board, but we still cannot figure out a political system that ensures our biggest idiots, and shitbags don't get into power... even at the local schoolboard level.

As long as there is near-future $$$ to be made from pushing creationism over evolution in schools, there will be those Mammon worshippers legislating for it.

Fixed it
Is that better ? Whats the difference ? This country is fucked if we keep having to rehash the same crap overt and over and over again ? I've had a fever on and off for a week now and feel like crap.. I just want all religion out of politics as it should be. Next time just fix the title because I really don't give much a of a shit anymore.

Last edited:
Fixed it
Is that better ? Whats the difference ? This country is fucked if we keep having to rehash the same crap overt and over and over again ? I've had a fever on and off for a week now and feel like crap.. I just want all religion out of politics as it should be. Next time just fix the title because I really don't give much a of a shit anymore.

It never has been why would it change? How about keeping politics out of religion.

Fixed it

This ain't religion. It's politics. It's crystal clear if you've actually seen people make the transformation. They get all gung-ho about politics 1st and then develop these new beliefs that they claim are religious and therefore they are protected.

It never has been why would it change? How about keeping politics out of religion.

What a load of bullshit. I don't see the Constitution, state or federal, being posted on the steps of any churches around here. The Ten Commandments on government property however...

Also adding 'under God' to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954...'In God We Trust' replacing 'E pluribus unum' (Out of many, one) in 1956...

When religious institutions start being properly taxed, you can talk about how politics aren't keeping out of religion.

What a load of bullshit. I don't see the Constitution, state or federal, being posted on the steps of any churches around here. The Ten Commandments on government property however...

Also adding 'under God' to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954...'In God We Trust' replacing 'E pluribus unum' (Out of many, one) in 1956...

When religious institutions start being properly taxed, you can talk about how politics aren't keeping out of religion.

This is all very true, rabbi.

We are divided over politics and it has seeped into the churches, not the other way around. It's seeped into what businesses people will shop at and whether or not they give a crap about the NFL. It's not really about any of this. It's not about religion just like how people feel about taking a knee has nothing to do with black lives matter, police, free speech, or respecting veterans or the flag - it's entirely political tribalism. There are no new religious developments that have swung religions over to question evolution or the big bang. Religions are losing these little battles of education all over the place because of politics.

We are divided over politics and it has seeped into the churches, not the other way around. It's seeped into what businesses people will shop at and whether or not they give a crap about the NFL. It's not really about any of this. It's not about religion just like how people feel about taking a knee has nothing to do with black lives matter, police, free speech, or respecting veterans or the flag - it's entirely political tribalism. There are no new religious developments that have swung religions over to question evolution or the big bang. Religions are losing these little battles of education all over the place because of politics.

Uh... :hmm:

Look, just keep your religion out of our politics and we'll be fine.

Uh... :hmm:

Look, just keep your religion out of our politics and we'll be fine.

Sure. But if you want to do that, the people whose behavior you need to change are politicians. (And we've seen the ones that talk about religion the most turn out to be completely non-religious hypocrites how many times now?)

edit: I just brain farted on who's/whose. Not good.

Last edited:

There's been a new scientific development.

The computer crashed.

Three more days of the online discussion.

The same number of days it Jesus.

What would Darwin have had to say about THAT???

There's been a new scientific development.

The computer crashed.

Three more days of the online discussion.

The same number of days it Jesus.

What would Darwin have had to say about THAT???

In the future, Robo-Darwin will point to robotic evolution and scoff at the idea that robots were created by intelligent human beings.

Picture-18.png

In the future, Robo-Darwin will point to robotic evolution and scoff at the idea that robots were created by intelligent human beings.

Picture-18.png

Very likely.

In the meantime, I think it's going to take more than three days before natural selection can occur in this event.

The schools took out under God - so that's not a worry anymore. You should be happy.

Back