Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Arizona seeks limits teaching on evolution

Again, full of shit. My son's school does it and I live in a liberal school district. Try again.

I didn't say it was absolute but lots of schools have. I find it ludicrous that a boy would get suspended for saying a quiet Grace at lunchtime. How is that bothering anyone.. Religious or not that's just stupid. And there is something wrong with anyone who think that's fair. Hell, POTUS - all of them say God Bless America.

Personally, I don't get it - they cater to the minority.

I find it ludicrous that a boy would get suspended for saying a quiet Grace at lunchtime. How is that bothering anyone.. Religious or not that's just stupid.

You're right, that IS stupid. There was a kid that got in house suspension because they said 'bless you' to a sneeze. Some people go overboard, I don't deny that.

Hell, POTUS - all of them say God Bless America.

Always thought this was stupid. As if God would 'bless' certain countries and not others because of a slogan.

You're right, that IS stupid. There was a kid that got in house suspension because they said 'bless you' to a sneeze. Some people go overboard, I don't deny that.

Always thought this was stupid. As if God would 'bless' certain countries and not others because of a slogan.

I get that but I don't think they're saying Bless us but no one else. But I don't think anyone really cares. Are you bothered when someone says Amen in ear shot?

As long as they're not spouting scripture to me.. I go to mass for that.

When would, or has, a kid ever been suspended for saying grace quietly to themselves before lunch?

what is this nonsense?

When would, or has, a kid ever been suspended for saying grace quietly to themselves before lunch?

what is this nonsense?

A specific google search for the phrase public school student suspended for saying grace at lunch didn't really yield anything that shows it conclusively ever happened but I found this amusing from this link Student suspended for saying ?bless you? at school came up with bit hilarity:

Students sent WMC a photo of the teacher?s white board that lists ?bless you? and other expressions that are banned as part of class rules.

So...the teacher writes the banned phrases on the board for all to see/read?

Isn't that kind of self defeating?

Before or after wearing his 'cops are pigs' socks?

I was trying to find this image that I could download and post here, but google images are no longer copyable for me, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I guess I shoulda just posted the words, like you did.

Wouldn't it be funny if the kid who claims she was suspended for saying "Bless you" went to one of those show flake schools where the kids get to choose their own self-identification pronoun, and she changed hers to be "Bless you?" Then all the other kids would have to say that every time they talked to her.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be funny if the kid who claims she was suspended for saying "Bless you" went to one of those show flake schools where the kids get to choose their own self-identification pronoun, and she changed hers to be "Bless you?" Then all the other kids would have to say that every time they talked to her.

Brilliant. We absolutely need pronouns that identify your race, religion, and/or political party.

Back