Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Asiasi apparently transferring

All the conversation about this was that he had some big time family issues.

All the conversation about this was that he had some big time family issues.

After I read the story, I wondered if it was homesickness. What you said makes it seem like something else possibly.

Too bad. Bright future. Best name for chanting.

Hope things work out for him.

Shit. How many TEs does that leave us with?

We have a few still, but he was one of the bright spots. Don't see too many true freshman TE's getting the time he got this year.

Mgoblog has a great page for this kind of stuff:
http://mgoblog.com/content/michigan-depth-chart-class-0

What really sucks is that Asisi was our most highly rated recruit at the position and it showed. Next up is probably Bunting and Wheatley. They also shuffled Gentry to the position, have no idea how that's going.

We have a few still, but he was one of the bright spots. Don't see too many true freshman TE's getting the time he got this year.

Mgoblog has a great page for this kind of stuff:
http://mgoblog.com/content/michigan-depth-chart-class-0

What really sucks is that Asisi was our most highly rated recruit at the position and it showed. Next up is probably Bunting and Wheatley. They also shuffled Gentry to the position, have no idea how that's going.

Well Bunting was always going to get his time as the main receiving TE, but this does put a lot on Wheatley's shoulders as pretty much the only in-line TE on the roster (I guess McKeon would fit that bill, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready). I feel pretty good about Ty, but it would have been awesome having two weapons like that who could both clobber you and be a legitimate receiving threat. And of course it's never good losing future NFL players, regardless of their position.

Well Bunting was always going to get his time as the main receiving TE, but this does put a lot on Wheatley's shoulders as pretty much the only in-line TE on the roster (I guess McKeon would fit that bill, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready). I feel pretty good about Ty, but it would have been awesome having two weapons like that who could both clobber you and be a legitimate receiving threat. And of course it's never good losing future NFL players, regardless of their position.

I could be mistaken, but on those heavy formations weren't both Wheatley and Asiasi put in for more push? Losing him could hurt most on goal line plays with a young O-Line.

I could be mistaken, but on those heavy formations weren't both Wheatley and Asiasi put in for more push? Losing him could hurt most on goal line plays with a young O-Line.

Yep, they played together quite a bit. That will be a blow.

Should be interesting to see what kind of position swaps there are this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few. Actually seems like there might have been someone moving to TE, but I can't recall who - or if I'm just making it up.

Been speculated about since he came to A2. During recruitment it was assumed he'd stay out west. Bummer but not a big surprise.

I bet he lands at ucla.

Back