Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Austin getting interviews

cheeno

Browns and then a possible reunion with Suh with a Phins interview.

Phins or Browns though? Phins all the way.

Hard to say either team has any sense of stability.

The Dolphins almost seem schizophrenic. The Browns.. well.. they are a nightmare for any coach right now.

With the possibility of some less multi-personality teams coming open, possibly even the Giants or Saints, if I were Austin I wouldn't jump too early.

It's day one. Interview for sure with both teams, but keep an ear open for the Titans, Colts, Giants, Saints, etc... and don't bite early on the Browns, Niners, Phins.

God, I just realized that in the three years Haslam has owned the Browns, they have had four GMs, four HCs, and three team Presidents.

I don't know if I would take that job... and I don't mean if I was a coach. I mean ME... if they called me today and asked me to coach in the NFL.. for the Browns.. I am not sure I would say yes.

God, I just realized that in the three years Haslam has owned the Browns, they have had four GMs, four HCs, and three team Presidents.

I don't know if I would take that job... and I don't mean if I was a coach. I mean ME... if they called me today and asked me to coach in the NFL.. for the Browns.. I am not sure I would say yes.

Id start Johnny manziel and call naked bootlegs every play just to watch him get smashed lol.

Id start Johnny manziel and call naked bootlegs every play just to watch him get smashed lol.

Haha.. that would be entertainment.

But seriously, I'm an IT guy. I would love to have some part in the NFL, even for a short time.

And if I got that chance with the Browns... would I give up my job that won't be there when the year is up to do it? I mean, four coaches in three years? You know job security don't exist.

It would have to come with millions of dollars that can sustain me while I find a great job in order for me to even consider it.

I'm not sure if I am a coordinator already in the NFL I would even remotely consider the Browns at this point. Not even an interview. It's a death sentence.

If Austin gets hired for a head coaching gig, who do we have to replace him? I have no idea.

Dolphins and Browns ..... Stay clear, Austin. If you have any smarts, he'll pass...

Our DB coach Tony Oden. Supposed to be Austin Jr.

Good to know. If Austin goes, He would have to get permission to talk to anyone on the current staff. I don't think we would let our top assistants go.

I listened to some previous gm talk about the Browns job today. Supposedly they are moving to this visionary futuristic model that includes a money guy as president and an analytic guy as gm. They literally hired the moneyball guy today from the Mets to be gm. The coach is going to be the 3rd executive branch that reports directly to the owner. The owner that is fucking nuts. The model is supposed to preach longevity and take time. ...in a culture that is led by am owner that is everything but patient. There is not a single person in the world that should take that job.

I listened to some previous gm talk about the Browns job today. Supposedly they are moving to this visionary futuristic model that includes a money guy as president and an analytic guy as gm. They literally hired the moneyball guy today from the Mets to be gm. The coach is going to be the 3rd executive branch that reports directly to the owner. The owner that is fucking nuts. The model is supposed to preach longevity and take time. ...in a culture that is led by am owner that is everything but patient. There is not a single person in the world that should take that job.

Doug Marrone by all accounts an egomaniac who resigned himself from the Bills because he thought there were better jobs out there for him is reportedly the favorite for the job.

Can't play moneyball in football. There are no individual stats that aren't part of a team schema.

A DT in a 3-4 is going to eat double teams and his sacks go down. In a 4-3, sacks go up because of the pressure generated in the middle by two guys.

It's not individual like hits, walks, errors, throwing percentage, etc...

Moneyball is football will fail. And I'm a statistic guy. I believe in what Billy Beane did in Oakland. It don't work in football.

Can't play moneyball in football. There are no individual stats that aren't part of a team schema.

A DT in a 3-4 is going to eat double teams and his sacks go down. In a 4-3, sacks go up because of the pressure generated in the middle by two guys.

It's not individual like hits, walks, errors, throwing percentage, etc...

Moneyball is football will fail. And I'm a statistic guy. I believe in what Billy Beane did in Oakland. It don't work in football.

Just adds to the circus which is the Cleveland Browns. What other choice do they got? Lol. It's amusing...

He'll be back to DC duty in 3 years. Those are tough teams to start as an NFL head coach.

Back