Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avril gone?

coel73

Per mlive, the browns are supposedly going to be hard chargers for him with their 47million in cap space. Anyone think we stand a shot at keeping him should they offer him more than 11mil a year? I don't. He also looks to be in a better situation as a rushing linebacker. I personally think he's gonna be out the door.

We should have let him walk last year or tried to trade him.

linebackers have to play vs run...good luck with him being moved to rushing LB! ROFLMAO

brownies sound like the perfect organization for him, have the money and are foolish enough to take him.

please let this rumor have a large element of truth behind it!!!

He will finally be playing in the position he should have been in from the start as a rush OLB. But now he is bigger and slower lol.

browns would get a better rush lb at 6 if ansah or dion Jordan are still on the board. hard call who is more dumb....a team that franchises avril or a team that overpays him on a long term deal.

browns would get a better rush lb at 6 if ansah or dion Jordan are still on the board. hard call who is more dumb....a team that franchises avril or a team that overpays him on a long term deal.

Gotta go with the LT deal as the most dumb.

If he has double digit sacks, 6 FF and consistent pass rush again it's not a stupid move. Got to pay a premium for pass rushers in this league ,no matter how they play the run.

Good bye

He doesn't fit our scheme, never did, but still was pretty productive for a few years. Got to let him go, we can't afford to overpay for a ugy that wont produce much here. Could be a good pickup for Cleveland though, he's an edge rusher type guy, people forget he had legit 4.5 speed coming out and can really move.

If Avril signs for 10+mil/year with the Browns, what kind of comp pick will the Lions get for him next year?

If Avril signs for 10+mil/year with the Browns, what kind of comp pick will the Lions get for him next year?

Depends on how much playing time he gets. If he doesn't get injured for significant time, I expect a 3rd. Also depends on who we sign..

Depends on how much playing time he gets. If he doesn't get injured for significant time, I expect a 3rd. Also depends on who we sign..

In FA or does the draft make a difference too? Sorry, really dont understand how comp picks work.

In FA or does the draft make a difference too? Sorry, really dont understand how comp picks work.

if we sign a comparable high priced DE then we get less of a comp pick. no one really understands how it works lol. But ya if we replace him with a draft pick we'd probably get a 3rd round pick for him leaving.

Yeah let's see what we get with Wright first. 5 year 37.5 million and we signed Lacey 1 year 1 million. If we get a 4th for Wright we should get a 3rd for Avril.

Yeah let's see what we get with Wright first. 5 year 37.5 million and we signed Lacey 1 year 1 million. If we get a 4th for Wright we should get a 3rd for Avril.

When are the comp picks announced??

Wright was suspended for 4 games though I believe

Back