Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

bad movies are good?

I'm home today; big business day tomorrow; I may actually put Road House in after the maid leaves and the Brits lose here.

The first time I came into the home of the woman who is now my wife, we were gonna have date movie night (in her house).

She had Road House, and she loved it - she had seen it a bunch of times...so had I.

We had both seen it recently; so we went with Meet Joe Black...okay flick, but I only saw it the once.

But when I saw the Road House DVD appearing on her DVD shelf...I thought "wow...this could possibly be pretty special..."

LOL are you strapped to your couch with no access to the remote control?

Get netflix... take back your life. For $8/month you can watch whatever movies you want, good or bad.

I do have Netflix idiot. But it's not all class A movies..

I've subscribed to netflix since May 2007, and have probably averaged about 3-4 movies a month since then, so I've watched hundreds of movies during that time, and I can count on one hand the number of movies I sent back without finishing because they sucked.

I've subscribed to netflix since May 2007, and have probably averaged about 3-4 movies a month since then, so I've watched hundreds of movies during that time, and I can count on one hand the number of movies I sent back without finishing because they sucked.

I just stream so my Netflix library is not as grand as yours.

yeah, there's probably a way to define when it's good/bad, or just crap. Road House has that special something.

Originality goes a long way; maybe that's what it comes down to. at least you can give a stupid movie like Red Dawn or Road House credit for that.

If anyone could make the movie/act in the part (i.e. does it star Will Smith, Adam Sandler, etc.?) or the plot/script is formulaic, it loses points with me. Same with movies that push a political agenda that sucks (Top Gun). Or that try to replace an obvious lack of quality in the plot, acting, and/or writing, with blood and gore or shock value... that's like 99% of the horror movies that have come out post 1980.

and don't get me started on the Saw franchise... people - a lot of people - are entertained by torture? They enjoy sitting and watching other humans suffer physical and mental pain and anguish on a huge screen? WTF??? And our society gives things like that an "R" rating, but if a movie depicts sexual relations between two consenting adults with a little too much reality it's NC-17? We are a sick and twisted people.

sorry... I got a little carried away.

i'm sure you've seen this but it's worth recommending for people that haven't

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/This-Film-Is-Not-Yet-Rated/70043954

MPAA is a joke. there is the typical stuff in there about how we tolerate murder and violence but sex is such a bad thing to show but it goes in depth into the agency, worth watching

i'm sure you've seen this but it's worth recommending for people that haven't

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/This-Film-Is-Not-Yet-Rated/70043954

MPAA is a joke. there is the typical stuff in there about how we tolerate murder and violence but sex is such a bad thing to show but it goes in depth into the agency, worth watching

yeah, that was great!

it was hilarious too that the MPAA refused to rate his movie about how they rate movies... meaning it could only be shown in small theatres, in an extremely limited release, and needless to say would be shown in no large chains, thereby condemning it to obscurity, and keeping the public in the dark about how the MPAA enforces some pretty strict censorship rules on the movie industry and controls what we see (unless you have netflix).

Alex Cross.

Whoa.

Only one and a half stars on Time Warner's movie ratings.

Tyler Perry steps out of comfort range, and plays a badass vengeful Detroit City homicide investigator, in pursuit of a mass murdering sociopath..

Way better than one and a half stars.

Last edited:
Alex Cross.

Whoa.

Only one and a half stars on Time Warner's movie ratings.

Tyler Perry steps out of comfort range, and plays a badass vengeful Detroit City homicide investigator, in pursuit of a mass murdering sociopath..

Way better than one and a half stars.

Wait....Alex Cross is a Detroit homicide detective?

Fire that fucking screenwriter.

Cop movies set in Detroit are the SHIT!!!

The whole Alex Cross series of books he was a DC Metro Cop, FBI profiler, and private psychologist, but ALWAYS in Washington D.C.

I'll never understand why screenwriters change so much when they turn novels into movies. I understand some things obviously can't translate to a movie well, but sometimes they change things so much that only the title character has anything in common with the novel.

The whole Alex Cross series of books he was a DC Metro Cop, FBI profiler, and private psychologist, but ALWAYS in Washington D.C.

I'll never understand why screenwriters change so much when they turn novels into movies. I understand some things obviously can't translate to a movie well, but sometimes they change things so much that only the title character has anything in common with the novel.

Oh.

And as I looked it up on imdb, I noticed that a big name crime/spy novelist (was it Thomas Clancy? - oop couldn't resist lookin; what can I tell ya, James Paterson). --this is an imcomplete sentence; that said, I'm not going to complete it.
Anyway, I'm sure you knew whoever wrote/produced Alex Cross had violated the sanctuary of him always operating out of DC long before my dumb ass found about it just a couple nights ago.

I dug it; that said; I ain't that literate.

Last edited:
I was just lookin' around the net and I see that Brokedown Palace with Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale was critically panned; I thought that was a pretty good flick...

Back