Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Barrett has broken ankle

rumseyhouse77

Per ESPN JT Barrett has a broken ankle and is done for the season. Too bad for the kid.

So does that factor into the selection committee's decision? I get that a team can "earn" their way in, but if they're not full strength that has to factor into the decision, doesn't it?

I think they will hold out hope that they can still win the B1G championship. If they do that then maybe they make it into the playoff, if not then they of course they have no chance. While they could beat Michigan with their 3rd string qb in for the 4th qtr. I don't think Wisky is going to be so easy to beat. I'll be rooting for Wisky.

I think they will hold out hope that they can still win the B1G championship. If they do that then maybe they make it into the playoff, if not then they of course they have no chance. While they could beat Michigan with their 3rd string qb in for the 4th qtr. I don't think Wisky is going to be so easy to beat. I'll be rooting for Wisky.

As will I. I also made this post before Bama was down 2 scores. If Bama loses all bets are off and the fuckers get in with a win.

My hypothetical is more in regards to the process in general. If for instance of comes down to TCU and OSU, you would think that the committee has to consider the fact that OSU is down the their third string QB while TCU isn't. If they're truly looking for the 4 best teams, it's hard to argue that OSU is one of them, let alone top 4 with "we ain't come to play school" at QB.

As will I. I also made this post before Bama was down 2 scores. If Bama loses all bets are off and the fuckers get in with a win.

My hypothetical is more in regards to the process in general. If for instance of comes down to TCU and OSU, you would think that the committee has to consider the fact that OSU is down the their third string QB while TCU isn't. If they're truly looking for the 4 best teams, it's hard to argue that OSU is one of them, let alone top 4 with "we ain't come to play school" at QB.

I thought the "we ain't come to play school" thing was a joke until I saw it on Twitter with my own eyes.

Honestly, I hate OSU so sucking much, I didn't shed a tear when he went down. I wouldn't even cry if they lost every player due to injury.

Fuck Ohio State and fuck every person at Michigan responsible for allowing UM to lose so many games to those fucktards.

So fucking tired of this shit.

Hope Wisk wins by 1000, fuck Ohio State!

There is no reason O$U should be in the playoff with him being hurt, him not being hurt. Last week, then this week, they aren't that good.

Barrett having surgery today (yes I can relate)

I do think it has to factor in the decision

Fuck off with all the tears for OSU. What about DJ? not hearing squat about his injury, and if he doesn't get injured, UM might have won this game.

Seriously, FUCK Barrett and OSU, I could not feel any less about either and don't care if OSU is in the playoff. If DJ is not injured, UM knocks them out of the talk anyway, but all the tears are about poor OSU? Fuck that shit!

I was looking for more info on DJ's injury when I came across the story on Barrett's on ESPN. DJ was walking afterward so I hope he is going to be okay. If anyone hears something about DJ please let us know.

I don't want to see any of the kids (and they are just kids) get hurt. But then again if OSU loses the B1G championship game and gets knocked out of the NC playoff due to the Michigan game I'll be happy. OSU is not a championship team. A poor Michigan team score more on the OSU defense (4 TDs) than they did on any other B1G team other than Indiana. I hope the selection committee will consider that.

You know, since the B1G Championship game has been played Michigan and OSU are tied. Neither has won one. 0-0.

Last edited:
Nah, even if DJ wasn't injured, Hoke and Co would have subbed him out when it mattered most. You gotta rotate every back in there...

Back