Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

baylor

Rankings tend to be pretty fluid among teams with the same number of losses. But when you get to the difference between a 1 loss team and a 2 loss team, or a 2 and a 3, there tends to be a wall that's tougher to get past.

But that's during the season when rankings mean little. Personally, I don't think a 3 loss team that got blown out twice jumps UM, even with now a 24 point lead in their final game. Nebraska is better than Texas. Michigan is better than Baylor. Our win against NU two weeks ago is more impressive than what Baylor is doing today. I think and hope that'll be taken into consideration with the voters.

But we all know the final rankings can become people trying to handpick the matchups they want. I'm not sure how attractive Baylor is as a BCS at large. There's a ton of fanfare for RG3, but I think him playing for Baylor keeps them just below UM and their ability to sell tickets for the Sugar Bowl.

yeah i realize baylor does not even have a chance at a bowl bid because 3 big 12 teams are ranked higher than them. the only thing i wondered is if anyone thought the voters would move them up over michigan since michigan was idle and they only are one spot behind them.

allshouldbleedblue said:
yeah i realize baylor does not even have a chance at a bowl bid because 3 big 12 teams are ranked higher than them. the only thing i wondered is if anyone thought the voters would move them up over michigan since michigan was idle and they only are one spot behind them.

I completely neglected that in my post. I forgot they're behind OU, Okla St, and KSU. So they might not jump UM.

Even if they do jump us I'm hoping with the loss of Houston - and potentially Va Tech/Oklahoma - there will be enough teams that lose below us to jump both up enough spots.

Texas has been an overrated team and absolute abortion this season.. I think most predicted they would get torched by Baylor at Waco..

I would be shocked at this point if we are not in a BCS game. We have the name power, the fan base, a good team, and people want to see Denard play.

tigers99888 said:
Texas has been an overrated team and absolute abortion this season.. I think most predicted they would get torched by Baylor at Waco..

I wonder if Mac Brown is done. There are rumors that he is going to retire but I can't imagine they would fire him (much like we wouldn't do that to Lloyd). I think he's just at the end of his career and is burnt out or something. Texas needs a new coach in there to get this talent actually coached to win. They have a ridiculous amount of potential talent on that team and to only win as many games as they have the last two years without some drastic NCAA violation against them or extreme coaching change is just unacceptable.

I agree to a certain extent, but I think Mac Brown is getting somewhat of a raw deal at the same time... The fact is that his top recruit Garret Gilbert has pretty much fallen flat on his face, and his system required a West Coast style QB to succeed for him to be successful.. I'm not sure how much is that the system doesn't fit his talents or the fact that Gilbert was never good in the first place, but that really killed the the last two years... I'll say this, Mac Brown is a tremendous recruiter even though it's easy to recruit at Texas, in the 90s and early 2000s, Texas was getting outrecruited by A & M and there are like 5 colleges vying for that Texas talent..

wheels002 said:
I would be shocked at this point if we are not in a BCS game. We have the name power, the fan base, a good team, and people want to see Denard play.

I agree. Plus Baylor is a 3-loss team. I can't see the BCS bowl committee taking KSU or the Okie-Okie State loser over Michigan for an at-large bid...

It all wont matter if we dont crack top 14. We need to hope for a big OU loss and clemson too lose and Sparty to get steamrolled.

azian6er said:
It all wont matter if we dont crack top 14.

The Georgia loss all but guaranteed that. 99% chance M jumps the loser of the B1G title game, and gets to 14th in the BCS or better.

Back