Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

BB exhibition

Sbee

Wow, miles bridges is the real deal, best freshman of the izzo Era. Langford has a pulled muscle and didn't play, out a few days, Winston look great on the pick and roll, Harris was cold, tum hit a 3, and this happened

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/3109571/1744877

Last edited:
Also, defense and rebounding were pretty terrible. Defense usually takes a while to come around, rebounding will be a question mark this year

Ward looked better than I expected.

We're gonna get murdered on the boards this year.

I really think that Winston will be the starter at some point this season. Winston, Harris, Langford, Bridges, Ward as the starting 5. 4 true freshmen...is this Kentucky or MSU??

I really think that Winston will be the starter at some point this season. Winston, Harris, Langford, Bridges, Ward as the starting 5. 4 true freshmen...is this Kentucky or MSU??

I think Winston will play starters minutes as he improves defensively, he's not elite athletically and won't be able to stay with opposing PG's like Tum can. The good thing about Winston is he's a good player for how the game is called now, if you have a PG that can get to the basket and make free throws, you'll always be able to generate offense. our foul differential has killed us the last few years, that could change this year.

Hate to be captain obvious but losing Davis just destroyed us.

Last edited:
Hate to be captain obvious but losing Davis just destroyed us.

yeah, that will likely turn out to be a big problem. A lot of people are excited about hoops - the football season is reason enough alone to be excited about it. But given what's gone on in the front court, folks should probably temper their expectations. It's not unlike what happened to the OL and DL this year. Fortunately, we don't also have huge problems at guard and forward. If this team is in the hunt late for a B1G title, I'll be more than happy.

This is a team that it's probably best for Izzo to kind of "get out of the way" with. Young kids that he's gonna have to let take their lumps early and let them play through some mistakes and not just sit them for the next month. If he handles these kids like he usually does then it could be a long season. But I think if he lets them work though the freshmen mistakes then they could be pretty damn tough later on.

That being said, if we lose Ward then nothing matters and we're fucked. lol

Ward's going to have to be in great shape and stay out of foul trouble. Heck right now you're talking about Goins or even Bridges being the backups at the 5.

Bridges is absolutely insane!!! The dunks he was doing last night are unbelievable. He's a top 10 pick in the draft, no doubt about it.

Back