Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bernie Sanders is a White Supremacist

Is it bad that when I hear of an organization like that, I pretty much dismiss them out of hand (especially one like that which doesn't openly identify who funds them... at least i couldn't find it)?

No. I see their board is comprised of a slew of university professors.

I assume any economic/business/corporate association in the US now is just thoroughly corrupt, pay-for-play bullshit... applying gloss on a shit sandwich.

I assume everything such organizations publish is suspect; if not an outright fabrication, than lying via omission, or otherwise stretching numbers, or using research that doesn't actually support their conclusion.

I?m not on board with organizations like this, either.

The guy who signed the Ketubah at my second wedding to my current Jewish wife was a black guy whose last name was Mack.

He’s a lawyer - he was a public defendant - a long time family friend from church from when I was a little kid - we would see them walking to St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, my
parents made arrangements to pick them up and drive them - who went to prison for a crime I don’t believe he committed; a conviction that my family fought tenaciously to overturn.

Many people thought that the charges against him were a crucifixion from
Perry Bullard, who viewed Mr. Mack as a threat to Bullard’s desired appointment to a judicial position - a competition within the local Democratic Party.

Shortly after he was released from prison, I asked him to, under Jewish marital custom, sign the Ketubah.

And he came to Dallas and he did it.

He asked my dear sweet departed mother for an amount of money to re-launch his career as an attorney.

My dear sweet departed mother wrote the check without a blink.

Cool story - except the bit about your family friend going to jail for something he didn’t do. I was once falsely accused of spraying the KFC drive thru cashier with water from a fire extinguisher - the poor lady knocked herself out hitting her head on the drive thru window frame. Anyway, someone dropped a dime on me and I had to go there with the cops - right away, the woman said I wasn’t the guy. Maybe it’s people with certain last names that are railroaded by our justice system, and not certain ethnic groups. Gulo, can you find a study about arrest/conviction rates by surname?

Last edited:
Really? That’s kind of weird, I’ve met a number.

I did a web search for the most famous people with my first name, and of the first 50, five are black. 10%. That’s just about the same percentage of Black people in the population as a whole.

I don’t know if that’s a big enough sample size to extrapolate across the population or not; it seems to me that the selection is certainly random.

There’s a black guy on the New York Jets with same name as me, first and last.

Hell with it, my name Jeff Smith - half of you have actually met me!

I’m pretty sure I’ve posted my name on the board before.

I’m not too worried - it’s a very common name.

I’m the last person on earth anybody wants to hunt down, and as far as stealing my identity - good luck.

The last guy who tried ended up suing me for his time and trouble.

EDIT: Jeff of the Jets is a pretty handsome fuck, actually. He and I currently are sporting the same ‘do.

EDIT 2: Another black Jeff Smith was a NFL running back the 80’s - I remember him the 84ish Orange Bowl when Miami stunned Nebraska.

Seems notable black Jeff Smiths are/were NFL skill position players.

Last edited:
Yeah, after I thought about it, I realized a lot of black guys have that first name.

Back