Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bernie Sanders is a White Supremacist

From the same organization that published the resume study that is now 17 years old, there is this from this week.

And today’s immigrants are no slower to move into the middle class than those of a century ago.

Cool find. Especially interesting in an age when class mobility (generally speaking - not minority oriented) is in decline. So no slower than a century ago should be a relative improvement.

Last edited:
As far as the interviewers knew. Names were the only difference on the resumes.

I believe in protecting the real people who actually exist from discriminatory acts.

I?m not really that concerned about protecting people who don?t exist from anything.

Because they don?t exist.

I believe in protecting the real people who actually exist from discriminatory acts.

I’m not really that concerned about protecting people who don’t exist from anything.

Because they don’t exist.

If you kept going, there were plenty of real person articles. I'm pretty sure somewhere in that thread I called it 'death by 1,000 cuts'.

When whites and blacks were sent to bargain for a used car, blacks were offered initial prices roughly $700 higher, and they received far smaller concessions.

The pools of people from which jurors are chosen are effectively random. Analyzing this natural experiment revealed that an all-white jury was 16 percentage points more likely to convict a black defendant than a white one, but when a jury had one black member, it convicted both at the same rate.

Elementary school teachers were asked to watch a video of children to look for misbehaving kids while having their eyeballs tracked. They spent 42% of the time watching black boys (compared to 34% of the time watching white boys.)

Racial bias exists in customer surveys, which companies use to determine bonuses, raises, and promotions.

a $175m settlement after Well's Fargo was shown to use prejudicial practices that forced 34,000 African-American and Hispanic borrowers across 36 states and the District of Columbia to pay higher rates for loans simply because of their race.

African Americans may have to wait in a crosswalk about 32 percent longer than white people before drivers stop.

Ballpark 15-20% of medical students hold incorrect beliefs about black physiology, like "blacks' nerve endings are less sensitive than whites'" (This is offered as a possible explanation for why there are differences in how races are treated medically.)

EMS are 40% less likely to give pain meds to black patients.

Bank of America had agreed to pay $335 million to settle allegations that its Countrywide Financial unit discriminated against black and Hispanic borrowers during the housing boom.

A department investigation concluded that Countrywide loan officers and brokers charged higher fees and rates to more than 200,000 minority borrowers across the country than to white borrowers who posed the same credit risk.

So, now you can go collet $10 from whoever you bet you could get me to copy/paste that stuff

Last edited:
From the same organization that published the resume study that is now 17 years old, there is this from this week.

Is it bad that when I hear of an organization like that, I pretty much dismiss them out of hand (especially one like that which doesn't openly identify who funds them... at least i couldn't find it)?

I assume any economic/business/corporate association in the US now is just thoroughly corrupt, pay-for-play bullshit... applying gloss on a shit sandwich.

I assume everything such organizations publish is suspect; if not an outright fabrication, than lying via omission, or otherwise stretching numbers, or using research that doesn't actually support their conclusion.

If you kept going, there were plenty of real person articles. I'm pretty sure somewhere in that thread I called it 'death by 1,000 cuts'.

So, now you can go collet $10 from whoever you bet you could get me to copy/paste that stuff

A while back I remember reading comments from African Americans about discrimination they typically faced, and one of them mentioned cars driven by whites speeding up or almost hitting them when they were in crosswalks.

I didn't doubt it, but I was still surprised that would be a common thing, and then I saw it happen here a couple years ago.

A young black lady was walking across the street, and some douche middle aged white guy in a Hyundai gunned it at her, and drove extremely close to her as she passed by the front of his car. I thought he was going to knock her over. she didn't flinch, and flipped him off as she crossed the street.

anecdotal, so probably not true... just like "slavery was good, actually" and 100's of years of systemic state oppression didn't happen if you pretend it didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out the NITC did a study on this... surprise, surprise:
With a black pedestrian, cars were more likely to stop after the stop bar, infringing on the pedestrian?s crossing space. With white pedestrians, the cars were leaving more of a buffer for the pedestrian to safely cross.​
and that was in Portland, not like some Sundown Town in the Deep South

It's not just the 1,000 cuts... those are on top of the systemic racism African Americans have faced since this country was founded.

Ballpark 15-20% of medical students hold incorrect beliefs about black physiology, like "blacks' nerve endings are less sensitive than whites'" (This is offered as a possible explanation for why there are differences in how races are treated medically.)

a friend of mine who is a doctor told me he was never surprised anymore to see white doctors treat black patients like shit... never reading charts before visits, ignoring their complaints, dismissing their testimony, proscribing remedies half-hazardly, if at all.

Turns out the NITC did a study on this... surprise, surprise:
With a black pedestrian, cars were more likely to stop after the stop bar, infringing on the pedestrian?s crossing space. With white pedestrians, the cars were leaving more of a buffer for the pedestrian to safely cross.​
and that was in Portland, not like some Sundown Town in the Deep South

Isn't Portland supposed to have super racist history?

I figured that would be your favorite thing about this discussion.

I haven't given any thought to ranking it relative to anything else in this discussion, I just don't have any reason to disagree with it.

wasn't me, I aint no sucker.

You didn?t provide the links on your paste but that?s OK.

A few times, people who knew with me by my name but had never met me told me they had thought I was a black guy ? based on my name.

I only bought a used car once. The guy who sold it to me was a black guy.

I was a schoolteacher for one year. I didn?t have a single black kid, and since the examples you use differentiate Hispanics from white people, I also didn?t have a single white student. 100% of my kids grew up in homes with the home language being Spanish.

I don?t know anything about the customer surveys and again I don?t have the link.

It looks like any wrongdoings regarding Wells Fargo and Bank of America or remedied under the law - That?s what I?m talking about when I say if we find actual cases of discrimination we should address it.

The mechanical crosswalk machine discriminates against Black people? That sounds wacky. I got to go back and look at that link.

I have no idea why medical students would think what they think about various ethnic groups. We do know that People in different ethnic groups are more susceptible to some maladies than others.

I don?t know why first responders with all back on the pain meds for anybody

Countrywide was an evil organization. Angelo Mazilo should be serving life in prison.

In conclusion, there is nothing in my life that suggests that I have been a tremendous beneficiary of being white.

Again, people who only know me by my name and have never met me tend to think I?m black.

You didn?t provide the links on your paste but that?s OK.

A few times, people who knew with me by my name but had never met me told me they had thought I was a black guy ? based on my name.

I only bought a used car once. The guy who sold it to me was a black guy.

I was a schoolteacher for one year. I didn?t have a single black kid, and since the examples you use differentiate Hispanics from white people, I also didn?t have a single white student. 100% of my kids grew up in homes with the home language being Spanish.

I don?t know anything about the customer surveys and again I don?t have the link.

It looks like any wrongdoings regarding Wells Fargo and Bank of America or remedied under the law - That?s what I?m talking about when I say if we find actual cases of discrimination we should address it.

The mechanical crosswalk machine discriminates against Black people? That sounds wacky. I got to go back and look at that link.

I have no idea why medical students would think what they think about various ethnic groups. We do know that People in different ethnic groups are more susceptible to some maladies than others.

I don?t know why first responders with all back on the pain meds for anybody

Countrywide was an evil organization. Angelo Mazilo should be serving life in prison.

In conclusion, there is nothing in my life that suggests that I have been a tremendous beneficiary of being white.

Again, people who only know me by my name and have never met me tend to think I?m black.

Studies of typical people don't compare well to the experiences of exceptional people.

I've never met a black person with your same first name.

Really? That’s kind of weird, I’ve met a number.

I did a web search for the most famous people with my first name, and of the first 50, five are black. 10%. That’s just about the same percentage of Black people in the population as a whole.

I don’t know if that’s a big enough sample size to extrapolate across the population or not; it seems to me that the selection is certainly random.

Last edited:
Really? That’s kind of weird, I’ve met a number.

I did a web search for the most famous people with my first name, and of the first 50, five are black. 10%. That’s just about the same percentage of Black people in the population as a whole.

I don’t know if that’s a big enough sample size to extrapolate across the population or not; it seems to me that the selection is certainly random.

I think he means black people with your first name ain’t really black. Like the black people who hadn’t yet decided who they were going to vote for by the time Joe Biden was interviewed by Charlemagne tha God.

He’s probably met loads of Uncle Toms with the same first name as you.

Edit: for those reading this thread who don’t have the same first name as Tinsel, this post was sarcasm.

Edit2: the origin of my first name is Irish and there are a lot of black people that have the same first name as me - it’s very common actually. There are also a lot of black people with the same last name as me AND there are even a few black people I know of with the same first and last name as me. My family name was changed to Mack, which is actually more German, several generations ago - probably because Irish were discriminated against and my ancestors were hoping to be beneficiaries of German privilege in 19th century America.

Last edited:
Edit2: the origin of my first name is Irish and there are a lot of black people that have the same first name as me - it?s very common actually. There are also a lot of black people with the same last name as me AND there are even a few black people I know of with the same first and last name as me. My family name was changed to Mack, which is actually more German, several generations ago - probably because Irish were discriminated against and my ancestors were hoping to be beneficiaries of German privilege in 19th century America.

The guy who signed the Ketubah at my second wedding to my current Jewish wife was a black guy whose last name was Mack.

He?s a lawyer - he was a public defendant - a long time family friend from church from when I was a little kid - we would see them walking to St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, my
parents made arrangements to pick them up and drive them - who went to prison for a crime I don?t believe he committed; a conviction that my family fought tenaciously to overturn.

Many people thought that the charges against him were a crucifixion from
Perry Bullard, who viewed Mr. Mack as a threat to Bullard?s desired appointment to a judicial position - a competition within the local Democratic Party.

Shortly after he was released from prison, I asked him to, under Jewish marital custom, sign the Ketubah.

And he came to Dallas and he did it.

He asked my dear sweet departed mother for an amount of money to re-launch his career as an attorney.

My dear sweet departed mother wrote the check without a blink.

Back