Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Berry

evolutionkb

Berry got a three game suspension. Still a free agent too, though not a surprise. Makes me wonder what Fairley will get. 3 games seems minor for involving a gun, I can see Nick getting 1 if the pot charges get dropped.

Last thing I heard about Fairley was Mortenson saying the feeling around the league is no suspension at all.

didnt the hearing get pushed back a couple months. Goodell wont suspend him until that happens. anyone remember the date?

That could be trouble if he is suspended over last few fames and the lions are in a tight playoff race. I'd rather he serve a suspension early in the year.

That could be trouble if he is suspended over last few fames and the lions are in a tight playoff race. I'd rather he serve a suspension early in the year.

What's the different, they all mean the same.

Berry got a three game suspension. Still a free agent too, though not a surprise. Makes me wonder what Fairley will get. 3 games seems minor for involving a gun, I can see Nick getting 1 if the pot charges get dropped.

I think Goodell is much tougher on players who get introuble with the law for violent crimes (assault, fighting, guns, etc.) than DUI's and/or possession charges.

If a player fails a league substance test, thats a different story, but If my memory is correct, it seems that all of the non-football related player suspensions have been because of one of the above actions.

This is why I can see Fairley getting away with a warning.

Edit*** I just noticed that there is an additional list of players who have suspended for steroids, but that doesnt apply to Fairley.

Last edited:

Honestly don't think a suspension is coming, and if it is, I suspect it'd be early this year, before the trial. I'd be a little surprised if Goodell suspends him late in the year, but then again, Goodell does whatever he wants, so who knows.

Side note:

I was curious as to how many people have been suspended by the NFL so I looked it up on wikipedia and found a great list.

I am shocked that only 6 players were suspended the first 50+ years of leagues existance. Five of those were for blantantly fixing/gambling on games.

Goodell on the other hand has suspended 20 players since 2006...thats pretty ridiculous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_and_coaches_suspended_by_the_NFL

Last edited:
Honestly don't think a suspension is coming, and if it is, I suspect it'd be early this year, before the trial. I'd be a little surprised if Goodell suspends him late in the year, but then again, Goodell does whatever he wants, so who knows.

My thought when it was moved back if he gets suspended it'd be 2013.

What's the different, they all mean the same.

Yes, they all mean the same; however, the odds are higher that the team will be more fresh earlier in the year and therefore have an easier time picking up the slack. Odds are that toward the end of the year, the team will be more worn down and more prone to injury or even have some DTs injured and not able to play. If that were to happen, not having Fairley due to a suspension makes it even more difficult for the D.

Outside of that, no difference.

Back