Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Actors/Actresses in Hollywood

liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson, anthony hopkins, clint eastwood, Justin Timberlake has been in a few good ones too. Anne Hathaway,

What kind of fuckery is that? I expect better from "King of the top 5 lists".

Anyways..

I'm going with (in no particular order): Jack Nicholson, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Anthony Hopkins.

My wild card would be Kevin Spacey. He's my personal favorite though I don't know if he'd crack anyone's list but mine.

*edit* Just realized I had no actresses. What a sexist son of a bitch I am apparently.

Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lawrence probably have the least amount of movies that i hate. We'll go with them.

Last edited:
I was right with you until you said Jennifer Lawrence.

I was right with you until you said Jennifer Lawrence.

I knew I'd get some flack for it. I just can't think of a single bad thing to say about her. I've liked every single movie I've seen her in and even at a young age she already has a diverse resume. A lot of young actresses get pigeon holed into a certain genre or role and then have to fight their way out of it. Lawrence has already dodged that bullet.

I'd have to agree on Jennifer Lawrence, agreement with Thumb that is..

Jodie Foster, Maryl Streep, and Nicole Kidman are my favorites.

I'd have to agree on Jennifer Lawrence, agreement with Thumb that is..

I'm not saying she's a bad actress, but I don't think she's that good yet.

The majority of the roles she has played have been either supporting bit parts (Xmen, American Hustle,) or roles where she's playing a girl several years younger than she really is (Winter's Bone, Hunger Games).

She really hasn't been in many movies at all. I certainly would not put her in the same class as Theron. Not yet anyways.

Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor of the last 15-20 yrs.

And frankly it's not close.

Back