Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best gone for year?

sansumo

CBSSports.com NFL Insider Mike Freeman reported Thursday that Lions RB Jahvid Best has been advised by people close to him to "strongly consider sitting out the year" after suffering his second concussion of the season. As Freeman noted, Best was forced to miss the final four games of his college career due to concussion-like symptoms. Speculation is that further concussion issues could wreck his career. Best did not practice Wednesday and the Lions are mum on whether or not he'll suit up against the Falcons.

You had to know this would happen eventually. Best's concussion in college was one of the worst things I have seen on any football field. Personally I was very disappointed with the pick and knew it would come back to haunt us. It's a shame because he is obviously a gifted athlete but you can't mess with serious concussions.

Yeah really too bad for Best.. I fell really bad for him... The Lions tried to draft for that postion and that kid got hurt... So the Lions just need to circle the wagons and find a back from the scarp heap... Or just freaking go hurry up all the time.... Get better soon JB.

Looks like we're gonna find out if a relatively young team can win 10+games with only a whisper of a run game. Having Leshoure and Best healthy and performing, would have greatly helped to negate bad games passing by their QB Stafford, but obviously those options are toast. Dunno if the Lions are (still) "Layne-cursed", and I'm usually not a believer in that type of thing, but after watching this franchise performances over the past 45 years, it sure as hell is the next closest thing to being cursed, if not.

angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

I really hope this is just a rumor. Run game is one thing, it sucks due to run blocking. But losing Best would hurt us big time in the passing game. Best in the flat and on screens is huge for this offense. MLB lean towards him not Pettigrew or drop deep for Burleson. Way more focus on Pettigrew and Burleson if this happens and that is very bad for this offense. Best is 7th in the league in yards from scrimmage. I hope Best is back after the bye.

2nd for the year after what happened to him in his college career. This doesn't sound good. This could be career ending.

Well.. he just bought a new ferrari...

Money is going to run out quick for him if he calls it quits.

If he doesn't play the rest of this year, it will be the beginning of the end for him.

What would the Vikings want for Adrian Peterson, he will be fading out by the time the Vikings are good again. I know they will want alot but imagine our offense with him, with that line-up offensive lineman should have no problem signing FA contracts with us :)

randyf10 said:
What would the Vikings want for Adrian Peterson, he will be fading out by the time the Vikings are good again. I know they will want alot but imagine our offense with him, with that line-up offensive lineman should have no problem signing FA contracts with us :)

he just signed a $96 Mill dollar contract in Sept...LOL....can you say cap hit

Meditatedkickaboxa said:
tomdalton22 said:
what is the curse of Barry Sanders?

The Lions running game since he left.

I wouldn't call it the curse of Barry Sanders. I would call it the curse of G. Hill, J Stewart, S. Bryson, K. Jones and J. Best!

randyf10 said:

Yeah, but the Vikes would likely want CJ for Peterson, uhh...no, no thank you.

::)

tsmith7559 said:
randyf10 said:

he just signed a $96 Mill dollar contract in Sept...LOL....can you say cap hit

cap hit for the Vikes...not the Lions

Lions would just take on salary

send them Stanton and a 6th.

I know he's a good player but its not like Jahvid Best was looking like a league star. I'm not saying he doesn't make the Lions a better team but some people are acting like he's Walter Peyton and the Lions are screwed long term if he calls it quits.

He's got 677 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD's through the first 6 games.

He'll be missed...

Back