Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Movie Theme Songs of all Time

The movie "Tender Mercies" starring Robert Duvall, featured the song
Over You
(1982)
Written by Austin Roberts & Bobby Hart
Sung by Betty Buckley

Yes.

Loved the movie, love the song.
The oft nominated actor won his sole Oscar for his performance.

Here's Johnny, along with Betty.

Awesome.

She also performs her signature piece from Cats.

Wasn't she the 8 is Enough lady, Betty Buckley? That sounds familiar..

Wasn't she the 8 is Enough lady, Betty Buckley? That sounds familiar..

Yes.

The original mom, Diana Hyland, unfortunately died untimely shortly after production had started in the first season, having been filmed in only the first four episodes.

Betty was cast as the new love interest for the dad, and eventual step mom.

Yes.

The original mom, Diana Hyland, unfortunately died untimely shortly after production had started in the first season, having been filmed in only the first four episodes.

Betty was cast as the new love interest for the dad, and eventual step mom.

I looked that up and found the oldest kid was going to be Mark Hamill but he got into a bad car crash just before production..

Last edited:
I looked that up and found the oldest kid was going to be Mark Hamill but he got into a bad car crash just before production..

Well, at least he didn't die.

Diana Hyland was arguably most famous for her role as John Travolta's mom in The Boy in the Plastic Bubble; or actually more famous for being a cougar who had an affair with the actor who played her son on television, a la Carol and Greg Brady.

I remember the boy in the plastic bubble but not Hyland. That movie was a bit of a tear jerker.

Williams started Brady Bunch when he was 15, and ended when he was 20. When did Mrs Brady first asked Greg to bed with her?

Back