Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best new player(s) this year

zyxt9

Just wondering which new player(s) have others looked at as solid pieces that the Lions fans will like this year with hope for a good future as Lions.

I'm hoping their new long snapper is one of them! LOL

Alim McNeil at nose looks great
Sewell up and down
Levi hurt back but looked good limited
Barnes looks good against 3rd stringers
St Brown looks polished but not a game changer
Tyrell Williams fine so far but will see when games get going
AJ Parker surprise at nickel. Ford has looked better too. But lions lack wrs ir game changing qb so hard to tell in db improvement

Last edited:
I know this is going to sound weird but I think the answer is Goff. I think he is going to be better than most expect. Will he carry the team like Stafford had to for year...no. But he has beeen solid to good.

Alim McNeil at nose looks great
Sewell up and down
Levi hurt back but looked good limited
Barnes looks good against 3rd stringers
St Brown looks polished but not a game changer
Tyrell Williams fine so far but will see when games get going
AJ Parker surprise at nickel. Ford has looked better too. But lions lack wrs ir game changing qb so hard to tell in db improvement

So in summary....you couldn't be playing this answer more safely. "Good but limited". "Good against 3rd stringers". "Up and Down".

Do you answer like this so you have an out when it's thrown back in your face at the end of the year?

Last edited:
UDFA New Guy - AJ Parker - Is going to see time in the secondary this year. He likely won't be asked to cover any better than a teams 3rd best WR and he shows flashes of being able to do that.

Rookie New Guy - Aman Ra St. Brown - I think he'll be a go to chain mover for a good part of the year. Goff is supposed to specialize in catch and run passing....and St. Brown is already our best option. I'll say 65 catches, 725 yards and 6 TD.

Free Agent New Guy - Jamaal Williams - I bet he sees more carries AND catches than Swift does this year. 200 carries, 857 Yds, 8 TD 52 catches, 471 yds, 3 TD

Already on the team New Guy - Okudah. Will have a 2nd "rookie" year. He'll show more flashes of being a #1 CB this year. He'll still have growing pains but the coaching and scheme were so bad last year.....and he had no camp....I look at this as more of a rookie year than last year. I think he takes a really big step in the right direction.

I'm hoping Barnes is legit. From limited amounts I have seen, he at least appears to be capable of both reading where the RB is going and making tackles in open field.

He also seems decent in pass coverage.

We haven't had a good MLB since Tully. I'm hopeful Barnes is finally the answer to that problem.

i dont know how to answer that question....im really not excited about anyone new.

If i had to pick 1 itd be Sewell on potential alone...cause he hasnt really looked impressive. Collectively if the oline comes together the way its supposed to then Jamall Williams could be the 1 new person that benefits the most. T Will and St Brown could see alot of targets...but i just dont see them have that game changing ability to really impact the stat sheet every week.

No one on the defense has been impressive. I like Barnes...but right now hes only got about a 50/50 shot to see meaningful snaps. I think they will start Thor next to Collins.

I don't remember the name but the undrafted RB. Granted again no starters but nonetheless.

So in summary....you couldn't be playing this answer more safely. "Good but limited". "Good against 3rd stringers". "Up and Down".

Do you answer like this so you have an out when it's thrown back in your face at the end of the year?

It's the correct answers based on when they have played and injuries. But why would anyone throw a random preseason prediction in someones face. Sounds like a you problem.

It's the correct answers based on when they have played and injuries. But why would anyone throw a random preseason prediction in someones face. Sounds like a you problem.

Because its fun to look back at your preseason predictions EVERY year and throw the "deep playoff run coming" prediction in your face when we finish 4-12. Look back.....all facts.

It's one of the highlights of my day!

Because its fun to look back at your preseason predictions EVERY year and throw the "deep playoff run coming" prediction in your face when we finish 4-12. Look back.....all facts.

It's one of the highlights of my day!

That's sad if thats a highlight. I'll pray for you

Reasons for every prediction not happening. Football has many factors. Taking anything as gospel is silly

Lions 4-13 this year. Go throw it in my face in January lol

That's sad if thats a highlight. I'll pray for you

Reasons for every prediction not happening. Football has many factors. Taking anything as gospel is silly

Lions 4-13 this year. Go throw it in my face in January lol

the lions havent won anything since 57'...proof there is no god. Who are you praying to?

Back