Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best Status unclear

Robinson was not good this eyar and Saffold may have replaced Gosder but if the Lions even take Mike Adams or Jeff Backus back for one more year they are better off than with Saffold.

Can't blame the OL entirely on their bad running game. Best was doing well before the injury. You need to look at the RB's that replaced him.

M. Morris - a career backup

K. Williams - get the fuck out of here

K. Smith - are you fn kidding me? He was OUT of football for fuck sakes..lol.

Bell - Did this guy even play?

That group right there is beyond fn pathetic. They scare nobody. Defenses played the Lions to stop the pass. In turn, leaving the running game somewhat open and to be 'hopefully' successful. They were NOT. Blame goes to BOTH RB's and OL in all reality.

tonyballs said:
Can't blame the OL entirely on their bad running game. Best was doing well before the injury. You need to look at the RB's that replaced him.

Single handedly the best explanation of our running backs ever.

That group right there is beyond fn pathetic. They scare nobody. Defenses played the Lions to stop the pass. In turn, leaving the running game somewhat open and to be 'hopefully' successful. They were NOT. Blame goes to BOTH RB's and OL in all reality.

tonyballs said:

ya, but 390 yds in 6 games isnt anything to get excited about. thats about 70 yds a game....pretty much bottom of the barrel. Bests greatest asset was in the passing game...if i have to give the kid credit for something itd be that he can run away from man v man coverage from a LB.

mhughes0021 said:
tonyballs said:

ya, but 390 yds in 6 games isnt anything to get excited about. thats about 70 yds a game....pretty much bottom of the barrel. Bests greatest asset was in the passing game...if i have to give the kid credit for something itd be that he can run away from man v man coverage from a LB.

I agree with that. Assuming Spongehead Squarepants comes back from injury Linehan needs to watch every play Darren Sproles ran last year.

mhughes0021 said:
tonyballs said:

I feel ya on the 390 yds...i do, but at least a guy like Best was accounted for, right? Either way, our running game isn't that great even with Best in it. They need him to stay healthy and have a 'good' enough compliment for him. I hope Leshoure is that guy.

I still would like to see them go after a FA RB and avoid drafting one this year.

Best is a receiving threat and a big play threat as a runner. That's all Stafford needs. Having Best means it not all on Stafford every single time. Bear game for instance, Stafford didn't need a perfect game because of Best. 1-2 big plays a game is enough from him. Plus LBs keeping an eye on Best on short passes give Calvin,Burleson and Young a split second more time. Which in the NFL that can make a big difference. Lions know Best isn't a 20 carry guy. They recognized and drafted LeShoure but got screwed in training camp. Best in 5 3/4 games was still the Lions leading rusher. That tells you all you need to know about Morris and Keiland Williams. Kevin Smith did a solid job though but isn't reliable all the time with a combo of talent and injuries.

Back