Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best War Movies of All Time

I've never seen it either; it was a Soviet movie, and considered one of the greatest & most influential movies ever, even among western directors.

there was some movie poll from the 50's of influential European & American directors I remember reading, and they all cited it as one of their greatest movies ever.

Ill have to try and find it. I'm a big old movie buff but 1930 is pretty much my cutoff. Though I have seen the Jazz Singer which came out earlier..

Edit: Ah, silent film..that's why. I've enjoyed a film from that era from time to time but not a big fan of the silent movie era. Though I did enjoy a version of Jekyll and Hyde as a silent movie.

Last edited:
That is a good one. Excellent movie forgot about that one.

Back