Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Betemit as 2B

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm not worried about the pitching. JV, Scherzer, Fister, Porcello and possible Turner is better than most. And it certainly is better than the ALC teams rotation.
I am. Scherzer is way too inconsistent to be counted on as a 2. Porcello looks like he needs a half a year/ a full year in the minors and Turner while he looks good, hasn't proven it over a year against ML hitting.

MI_Thumb said:
uofmpoweri said:
If Inge was in the dog house then he would still be in the minor leagues where he belongs. A .180 hitter has no business seeing the field on a last place team, but for some reason Inge is starting over a .300 hitter on a first place team. It is sickening. If they do anything to make room for him next year it is going to turn my stomach. Betemit vs. LHP .233, Inge vs. LHP .205

Jim Rice is going to make you pay for bringing facts and stats into this.

LOL

Honest question, are you a woman? You certainly act like a girl with hurt feelings. I'm sorry that I think Rhymes is garbage and his batting average doesn't make up for his otherwise very weak production. If you like him, it doesn't bother me. Enjoy his work all you want.

Inge is better verses lefties that Betemit. Sorry, but it's true. I don't know if you're not sure how to look up lefty/righty splits, but trust me, it's true.

I just don't see Betemit getting much better at third, I don't think putting him at 2B is the answer either, could be wrong.
Best case scenario imo, is a platoon with him and Inge at third through 2012 and make a decision then.
I would be surprised if Inge was let go.
Too much love from Ilitch at the time of demotion and the promise of the return.

JimRice said:
MI_Thumb said:
Jim Rice is going to make you pay for bringing facts and stats into this.

LOL

Honest question, are you a woman? You certainly act like a girl with hurt feelings. I'm sorry that I think Rhymes is garbage and his batting average doesn't make up for his otherwise very weak production. If you like him, it doesn't bother me. Enjoy his work all you want.

Inge is better verses lefties that Betemit. Sorry, but it's true. I don't know if you're not sure how to look up lefty/righty splits, but trust me, it's true.

Nope. I'm not a woman, but I think you have a man-crush on Inge. :-*

Whenever we have some kind of debate involving him and anyone goes and get stats or proof, you says that it's not important and if we knew anything about baseball.....blah blah blah.

So that's why I said what I said about the guy bringing facts into this discussion, not hurt feeling, because I don't have any feelings to hurt. ;)

MI_Thumb said:
JimRice said:

Whenever we have some kind of debate involving him and anyone goes and get stats or proof, you says that it's not important and if we knew anything about baseball.....blah blah blah.

So that's why I said what I said about the guy bringing facts into this discussion, not hurt feeling, because I don't have any feelings to hurt. ;)

personally i thought it was pretty funny.

No one likes my move peralta to 2B and sign Reyes for 30 mil/yr idea???!!!!

mhughes0021 said:
MI_Thumb said:

personally i thought it was pretty funny.

No one likes my move peralta to 2B and sign Reyes for 30 mil/yr idea???!!!!

I like Peralta to third and Reyes at SS. The only problem is that Reyes gets hurt too much to fork over the 18 million plus that he is going to want. How about sign Pujols for 30 million and put either Cabrera or Pujols at third?

MI_Thumb said:
JimRice said:

If you can find a post where I say something nice about Inge, I"ll praise your genius from the highest Detroit area mountain.

Inge is better at third against lefties than Betemit and better overall at third than Don Kelly. That's not Inge praise, that's recognizing the limitations of Betemit and Kelly.

I just don't hate Inge like most do, only because I don't hate any player. Inge is awful, but there are worse options. I want the better player to play.

JimRice said:
MI_Thumb said:

If you can find a post where I say something nice about Inge, I"ll praise your genius from the highest Detroit area mountain.

Inge is better at third against lefties than Betemit and better overall at third than Don Kelly. That's not Inge praise, that's recognizing the limitations of Betemit and Kelly.

I just don't hate Inge like most do, only because I don't hate any player. Inge is awful, but there are worse options. I want the better player to play.

I didnt think you could get much worse than his .170 BA. If you bat .170 you shouldnt get millions. Its that frikken simple. Dude is a bum. I bet theres 12 yr olds in Japan that can hit .170 in the majors.

I don't think you can put peralta at 3rd. Not after DD and JL said "you're our SS now sign this contract".

Back