Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Betemit

There is no good reason to play Don Kelly this much. He brings nothing.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Buy he can hit better than the others.

see how well that balances out in the playoffs. Leyland is not playing him because he is the worst defensive 3b the tigers have ever seen. Raburn may be better and that is not saying anything good for sure.

Who have you been watching. Raburn isn't better.

And why do you think they traded for him, they knew about his defense.

Updated totals on Wilson.. Jimmy should just roll with Wilson and spot start Kelly. Jim is so stubborn when it comes to his guys..

Tigers in games he starts 12-3
Tigers in games he sits 3-11

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Updated totals on Wilson.. Jimmy should just roll with Wilson and spot start Kelly. Jim is so stubborn when it comes to his guys..

Tigers in games he starts 11-3
Tigers in games he sits 3-11

I am just saying the reason why JL is sitting him. I do not agree with it because the man can hit with runners in scoring position. The problem is compounded with the fact you have JP at short who has no range and when you throw Raburn out there at 2B, you might as well not field anyone. It is clearly DD's fault for putting this defensive debacle out there, it is a joke. If they win it all, it will be a miracle. this team is by far the worst defensive team I have ever seen, including the pitchers.

the main defensive issue ive seen with betemit is his arm, and were used to those throws from inge. i cant really comment on range or fielding since i dont get to watch many games, but theres no way hes worse than mudhen.

That is why you should play Wilson, JP, and Santiago for two weeks till call ups and see what happens.. Kelly and Raburn should only spot start.. Roll WB out for a week and see what happens..

Bob, I know 3-11 isn't good, if that's rift but how many of those 11 losses were on pitching, not failing to score?

michiganct said:
Bob, I know 3-11 isn't good, if that's rift but how many of those 11 losses were on pitching, not failing to score?
How about the fact that 2 of 3 of those wins came with JV on the mound?

12-3 Now as a Starter... It may be luck but I thought Jim managed with his gut anyway...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]12-3 Now as a Starter... It may be luck but I thought Jim managed with his gut anyway...

Maybe Jim's gut is responsible for bumping his computer keyboard keys - that locate all those baseball stats he compiles when figuring out the lineups and the rotation weeks ahead of time..

Spockmaster said:
the main defensive issue ive seen with betemit is his arm, and were used to those throws from inge. i cant really comment on range or fielding since i dont get to watch many games, but theres no way hes worse than mudhen.

He can't snare a ball in either direction from what I can see. If it is hit in front of him he's decent.

Back