Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biblical prophecy correctly predicted the internet

Nope. And nobody is going to change anybody's religious beliefs on this board. Monster isn't going to make any believer an atheist, and no believer is going to change Monster or MichChamp (although MichChamp seems to me to be in grave danger of coming to God on his own).

So why do we even do this?

LOL, yes. I am the prodigal son.

There's money in this religion thing, and these law school loans aren't going to pay themselves!

LOL, yes. I am the prodigal son.

There's money in this religion thing, and these law school loans aren't going to pay themselves!

See how I managed (in a friendly way of course) to simultaneously mock both you AND byco?

I might have a knack for this satire shit!

Nope. And nobody is going to change anybody's religious beliefs on this board. Monster isn't going to make any believer an atheist, and no believer is going to change Monster or MichChamp (although MichChamp seems to me to be in grave danger of coming to God on his own).

So why do we even do this?

False. I've turned two believers into atheists in the last year. Not on purpose, of course, but it happened.

In my experience, weak atheists turn to god in times of crisis, desperate for some chance to be saved when they can't do it on their own. Weak christians turn from god when they have an open mind and enough intelligence to understand science and rational thought.

False. I've turned two believers into atheists in the last year. Not on purpose, of course, but it happened.

Okay, cool, but posters from this board?

The believers on this board seem pretty convicted in their beliefs.

Weak christians turn from god when they have an open mind and enough intelligence to understand science and rational thought.

Can't imagine intelligence level and the ability to think rationally has anything to do with turning away from God. I know that is your and Michchamp's mantra, but I would suspect it is less of a factor than you realize. In fact the more intelligent and rational a Christian is - the more likely he or she is quite a strong Christian.

Maybe you meant lazy Christians? Or maybe your sample size is too small? Also, I thought weak atheists, such as you describe, were already known as agnostics?

Back