Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Big Ten Should Try to Snag UConn

B1G needs to stay away from the big east. While a couple teams might make a nice addition for bb, in fb it would just decrease the strength of the conference. Cinci, Rutgers, or uconn playing fb in the B1G? Get real! They need to get the big boys or stay as they are. WVU would be ok but no way do they hold up in terms of accademics or tradition.

P.s. I'm typing this on my Droid and when I typed "WVU" it auto corrected to "EVIL". LOL

I wouldn't add anyone unless we can get Texas, Oklahoma or maybe Missouri. The Big 10 is fine as it is. All that Michigan would have to do to get national respect is to start scheduling real teams in the preseason; like back the old days. It is hard to get excited about these EMU WMU CMU games. I think that they are bad for college football. We need more games where the big boys go head to head. Schedule a Pac 10, SEC, Big 12 and Notre dame for the preseason. If you want excitement, that is how you get it. Earn your bowl game.

If it turns out that ACC and Pac (X) are the super conferences and the B1G and SEC stay close to the current team count (I assume SEC will be 13 or 14 teams) - Scheduling something between the B1G and SEC like the ACC system we have in basketball would benefit both conferences over the larger ones.

Back