Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blake Countess

alonzomoseley

Really like what that kid is doing today. He's got that Woodson style swagger and meanness.

I was going to say almost the same thing just about now. Countess isn't bad. Came in the game and they just haven't taken him out.

Given that it was a small sample and not necessarily the most elite competition, really liked what I saw. Might be just a tad early to give him the Woodson tag, even just for "swag", but I was encouraged.

I was impressed with what i saw. He had fluid movements and very good athleticism.

Yep, was really happy with what I saw too. First freshman corner in a while I've been impressed with. Moves very well, but is also very aggressive...looks like he'll be a good one and could contribute the rest of the year.

I really liked what I saw from the defense today. They made plays when they had to. I would like to see more sacks and pressure but I came away happy with what happened today.

Ty Law.......that's who he looked like out there today, including Law's swagger. Same style and technique........I'm encouraged, lets hope we found someone today. Unfortunately I haven't walked away from a game saying good things about a prospect (except Denard of course) in awhile. You can really see his potential......lets hope its real and that it lasts.

Ercole747 said:
Ty Law.......that's who he looked like out there today, including Law's swagger. Same style and technique........I'm encouraged, lets hope we found someone today. Unfortunately I haven't walked away from a game saying good things about a prospect (except Denard of course) in awhile. You can really see his potential......lets hope its real and that it lasts.

we could definitely use a ty law on this team.

Ercole747 said:

Damn dude, you're worse than Fred Jackson lol

Ty Law - good call. Lets just not play against any QBs with the last name Stewart - still can't get that image of Law looking at Colorado catch "the catch". Throw up. I happened to be in Long Beach 7 years ago with my kids and as we walked down the street we passed the sports bar I was at in '94 during that game - had to tell the kids that this place brought back a very bad memory.

I really liked that when receivers did make catches that he would bring them down as well....a sure tackler is a good thing to have at the corner position.

cmrlily said:
Given that it was a small sample and not necessarily the most elite competition, really liked what I saw. Might be just a tad early to give him the Woodson tag, even just for "swag", but I was encouraged.

screw that.

people always say things like that, but I think we should go ahead and give him the Woodson tag and see what happens.

Here: Countess = Woodson

mgoblue0303 said:
I really liked that when receivers did make catches that he would bring them down as well....a sure tackler is a good thing to have at the corner position.

THIS is what I noticed the most. Even plays he allowed catches it seemed like the WR was dropped immediately. Not bad for being thrown in there to spell an injury. If not for being a freshman I'm willing to bet he'd have been in there from the start.

Back