Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blake O'Neill Twitter Harassment

He is great punter and folks need perspective

@EUpchurchPhoto: This guy punted a football 80 yards today. 2nd longest ever at UM. Retweet in support of @blakewoneill. #GoBlue http://t.co/foz7mvhKVa

Dude had an 80 yard punt, was probably the whole reason UM was leading that late.

Get a grip. Also, an UM fan had a heart attack at the stadium during the4 last play, it;s just a game folks.

And the UM fans rioting and starting fires right now are just as stupid as the MSU fans who have done it in the past.

Teammates, namely the offensive line, need to stick to for him and refund folks that their inability to gain 10 measly yards is the only fucking reason he's in that position.

Christ. This is the worst part about sports. Why any D1 or professional althete would have a Twitter is beyond me...

I know I hurled plenty of invective about him on this board in the immediate aftermath of the game, but NEVER would I dream of harassing a player (or anyone else) directly, no matter how badly they fucked up. The worst thing about the college game is that the players have to go to class days after each game, and if a game ends with a loss, especially one like we witnessed tonight. . .

I feel bad for O'Neill. I'm sure horrible things were said to him when the players entered the tunnel after the game, and now this. I hope things don't get so bad he quits the team or transfers. When all is said and done, it's only a game, after all.

Last edited:
People need to get a life. Leave the kid alone. I am sure he feels terrible about it. I hope his mates have his back.

this is why I made the thread that it was a TEAM loss. no reason to blame this guy, there were plenty of mistakes made by pretty much every player who was on the field and several by the coaches as well.

The coaches will get his mind right. The thing this coaching staff seems to excel at it getting their player's minds right.

People suck. The kid messed up. We move on. Some have too much of their insignificant lives much invested in this

Obviously people shouldn't harass college players. They are amateurs playing at a high level. The snap was far from perfect on that punt but I haven't heard any heat from the long snapper? Would have been a good opportunity for a QB pooch punt...

Obviously people shouldn't harass college players. They are amateurs playing at a high level. The snap was far from perfect on that punt but I haven't heard any heat from the long snapper? Would have been a good opportunity for a QB pooch punt...

Try to draw them offside until 5 seconds left on the play clock, QB starts walking towards the sideline, ball snapped to the RB who punts it. That would work for me.

Wasn't Blake's fault anyway. The loss is all Harbaugh's.

10 seconds left from that distance, don't put it. Run the ball on 4th down and eat some more time off the clock. Leave them at best one play for the Hail Mary.

Back