Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blame Bill Clinton for the mess the U.S.A. is in

I don't think Dutch Disease works that way. that's caused by the exploitation of a local natural resource making the rest of the country's economy uncompetitive, because reaping the profits from the booming natural resource exploitation results in inflationary pressure that makes that country's manufactured good expensive relative to others. I think that's how it works.

quit threadjacking dude.

as the board science guy, you need to be building a time machine so we can go back to 1982 and prevent Bill Clinton from ever being elected governor of Arkansas. that way hellifino's job at the toilet bowl plant won't get shipped exported to china.

MichChamp02 said:
I don't think Dutch Disease works that way. that's caused by the exploitation of a local natural resource making the rest of the country's economy uncompetitive, because reaping the profits from the booming natural resource exploitation results in inflationary pressure that makes that country's manufactured good expensive relative to others. I think that's how it works.

quit threadjacking dude.

as the board science guy, you need to be building a time machine so we can go back to 1982 and prevent Bill Clinton from ever being elected governor of Arkansas. that way hellifino's job at the toilet bowl plant won't get shipped exported to china.

You're correct, that is how Dutch Disease works. So I'm abusing the term...but there's nothing better to describe what I think is happening. You've heard of the idea that there are "two economies" right? The economy that's succeeding is propping up the dollar. Mostly that's Wall St. Also, consider that this isn't a yes or no kind of thing. If Wall Street profitability is inflating the dollar just 10%, that's going to to impact manufacturing competitiveness.

Regarding time travel...turning river flow into energy is kicking my butt. I don't feel qualified right now.

Know what sucks I just watched the final installment of a quantum leap trilogy where sam goes back and is the lawyer in this third installment defending the woman he had impregnated in the installment before or the one before that and he had a daughter who was working with the Dean Stockton character on the whole quantum leap thing and but Sam would never know that he had ever had a daughter and then he leaped into the next leap and he was a masked robberer holding people up at gunpoint and he said "Oh boy."

Jesus, I thought it read Dutch Elm Disease, I was outside chaining myself to trees.

Bull, the vast majority of people buy what they perceive as the best value without thinking where it comes from. They either buy the product because it's a particular favorite of theirs, or they buy it because it offers them a better deal than similar, other products. Simple as that.

Don't turn retards who cant count to twenty unless they're bare foot shopping at Walmart into a poverty thing. Its not!

Snickers_wrapped.jpg

Back