Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blount/Ingram

af1991

Fox Sports listed 10 things that will happen before the season begins.

#10 The Lions will sign LeGarrette Blount

Blount remains the top unsigned running back. That should change relatively soon with May 9 marking the last day signings count against compensatory picks. It wouldn?t be a surprise #to see him sign in the next day or two, and the Lions would make a lot of sense for him.
They have smaller backs in Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick, but they lack a guy who can consistently pound the ball on first and second down. Zach Zenner just doesn?t get the job done in that role. Blount would be a perfect fit in Detroit as his career winds down.

#3 The Saints will trade Mark Ingram

The Saints went from being decent at running back to having a crowd of players in the backfield when they signed Adrian Peterson and drafted Alvin Kamara. They were surprising moves, particularly the latter, and they will lead to Ingram?s departure from New Orleans with Kamara becoming the No. 1 back.

With the Saints having good depth at running back and a handful of teams ? the Ravens, Lions, Browns and Giants, for example ? needing a starter, Ingram will be a good trade chip. The Eagles are another team that could use a back, and with Saints center Max Unger injured, could a deal for Jason Kelce be in the cards? Watch out for that one in the next few months.

I would prefer Blount to Asiata by a long shot. Blount is that bruiser that wears a defense down. He's the guy I have wanted the Lions to sign since free agency began.

I don't see Ingram losing his starting gig honestly. Seems premature, nobody even knows what AP has left yet

Back