Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blunt Amendment defeated in Senate

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
smayschmouthfootball said:
I'm still struggling with the notion that access to health insurance is a right. Someone please explain
that one to me.

Here's a quote: "Ms. Employee, I work for a living just like you, and I am no more morally obligated to provide you with health insurance than you are to provide it for me. But, because I am an entrepreneur and you are not, I am willing to offer it as benefit of working here. You are presently free to take advantage of it, or not; that is up to you."

If Health Insurance wasn't so fucking expensive, I'd have no problem letting everyone pay for their own shit. For a family of three, the cheapest plan I can get is $300-$400 per month. That's fucking insane! My son goes to the doctor once or twice a year, I haven't been to see a doctor in almost three years and my wife maybe once or twice. But we have to have the insurance, because if we get sick and end up in the hospital the costs are much more expensive and come right out of pocket.

I was paying over $300 a month for just myself, and it didn't cover shit - just hospitalization.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
martmay said:
I assume employers spell out what the plan covers??

that's not the problem. The problem is that an employer can push his religious beliefs on you and your health plan.

Maybe you can buy a rider with your own money and solve the problem.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":2cfd089s]

If Health Insurance wasn't so fucking expensive, I'd have no problem letting everyone pay for their own shit. For a family of three, the cheapest plan I can get is $300-$400 per month. That's fucking insane! My son goes to the doctor once or twice a year, I haven't been to see a doctor in almost three years and my wife maybe once or twice. But we have to have the insurance, because if we get sick and end up in the hospital the costs are much more expensive and come right out of pocket.

I was paying over $300 a month for just myself, and it didn't cover shit - just hospitalization.[/quote:2cfd089s]

Isn't that really what you need, hospitalization....You want every doctor visit paid for?

martmay said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

I was paying over $300 a month for just myself, and it didn't cover shit - just hospitalization.

Isn't that really what you need, hospitalization....You want every doctor visit paid for?

Wasn't that long ago that's exactly what I got...I had a great employer provided PPO; if a doc was in the network it was just a $25 or $30 co-pay, something like that.

I have OK insurance now, but there's a freakin' high deductible, and an amount of stuff it doesn't cover...not as good as I used to have, for sure...

Back