Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bob, do you have big guns?

KAWDUP said:
Hungry said:
Well, my name was StayHungry. Its an early Schwarzenegger movie about bodybuilding and lifestyle choices ( no not gay/straight)

Anyway, back when 'keeping it real' wasn't an overused mantra used by hiphop/gangsta rap fake gangbangers, it used to actually be a code to live by. In this movie, Schwarzenegger plays a bodybuilder that gets exposed to the rich and famous lifestyle and chooses that its not for him. The message of the movie is that the lifestyle of the rich and famous leads one to stop being hungry for more. He believes that to achieve his goals in bodybuilding and life that he can't be content with how things are and that he needs to stay hungry.

My mantra for the year of 2010 was stay hungry after watching that movie again early in 2010. I am a fitness guy, lift weights, run, eat right, etc etc etc and have been doing so for at least 22 years. It also seemed to be a mantra that many on the UM football team had picked up, so i figured I'd make it my screen name.

Some were confused at what to call me for short, SH, Stay, etc...I liked the shortened version of Hungry the most, so when I switched, i just chose to be Hungry.

All that plus the fact that I always seem to be hungry, both for food and for wanting my life to get better.

in short...

When I saw this thread, I thought about your name. Reality is stranger than fiction. That movie was just on Encore in past few days.

so why did you think this was my name? This should be interesting...

Hungry said:
bavarianinnman said:
nice story. Hungry how about you howd you come up with your name?

Well, my name was StayHungry. Its an early Schwarzenegger movie about bodybuilding and lifestyle choices ( no not gay/straight)

Cool that ya didn't go with Cinderella Man...

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Anyone want to know how I came up with my name?

I think it's pretty obvious how you came up with your name...does anybody want to know about the time I met Michael Weatherly, television's Anthony Dinozzo, of NCIS, when I was out walking my dogs...?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Anyone want to know how I came up with my name?

I think it's pretty obvious how you came up with your name...does anybody want to know about the time I met Michael Weatherly, television's Anthony Dinozzo, of NCIS, when I was out walking my dogs...?

Did you slap him upside the head?

Hungry said:
KAWDUP said:
When I saw this thread, I thought about your name. Reality is stranger than fiction. That movie was just on Encore in past few days.

Dos Equis' beer commercial, then I saw this movie, and it became clear based on all the body-building that you talk about.

Stay Hungry my friends . . .

My name is MAIZEandBLUE09 because 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08 were taken. Interesting and creative...I know.

KAWDUP said:
Hungry said:

Dos Equis' beer commercial, then I saw this movie, and it became clear based on all the body-building that you talk about.

Exactly where I thought it came from.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
KAWDUP said:

Exactly where I thought it came from.

Well, I do like those commercials, but no.

Back