Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Border chaos

it's absurd the feds let this crap go on as long as it has.

If you're talking about the influx of millions of illegal aliens who have crossed over from Mexico to Texas and have been enabled to stay here without vetting, I agree with you.

FFS it's border, not boarder.

I'm starting to think you couldn't go to elementary school because some immigrants were holed up in your gymnasium.

It was a high school gym. I don't know why NY isn't following Massachusetts' lead and asking private citizens to house illegal immigrants. Makes so much more sense.

Last edited:
every single thing Abbott does on this is a publicity stunt done to pander to rock bottom dumb (and racist as fuck) Texas voters.

Being for border security, not allowing unfettered illegal immigration is "racist as f***". Good take.

You clearly haven't gotten the memo, the whole "everything I don't like is racist" thing has lost its punch. Keep crying wolf though, maybe it will work for you.

Last edited:
every single thing Abbott does on this is a publicity stunt done to pander to rock bottom dumb (and racist as fuck) Texas voters.

Open your home take in two or three!

Oh fuck you and pointing out typos stick that thumb right up your ass!

I didn't point out any typos. A typo is when someone mistakenly hits the wrong keystroke while typing a word or punctuation.

I pointed out misspellings, which is when someone simply spells the word wrong, likely because Buck Fiden and the Demoncrats ruined his education, the county, the world, and made equally assured misery for all.

When will we put a stop to the open borders and all those migrants stealing all our jobs, gymnasiums, and IQ points!!!!

I didn't point out any typos. A typo is when someone mistakenly hits the wrong keystroke while typing a word or punctuation.

I pointed out misspellings, which is when someone simply spells the word wrong, likely because Buck Fiden and the Demoncrats ruined his education, the county, the world, and made equally assured misery for all.

When will we put a stop to the open borders and all those migrants stealing all our jobs, gymnasiums, and IQ points!!!!

When you open up a migrant camp in your backyard.

yeah, fuck the First Amendment.

Don't slow Byco down on his way to Home Depot or to use the Red Lobster gift card he got for Christmas, or your criminal ass deserves three years in Federal prison.

Number one: you demonstrate a surprising aversion to recognizing subtext even when it's on the surface. Did you not understand the if / then inference of my response? Go back and read it again.

Number two: No one has the right to block the intercourse of activity that roads allow. That's not freedom of speech. That's obstruction of freedom. I have the freedom to drive my car from point A to point B whether it's to Home Depot or to the emergency room. However those individuals have the right to stand on the side of the road with their signs, and I think such a demonstration would be far more effective than blocking the road. I have participated in pro-life demonstrations where we stand on the roadside near abortion mills and even in front of the church I attend and we pray for the conversion of souls. What if we stood in the road instead? What say you about that?

Number three: your rejoinders some times lack sophistication and simply ejaculate sarcasm and shrillness, especially when they are in opposition to your point of view. So be it should I continue to elicit such a response.

Last edited:
Number one: you demonstrate a surprising aversion to recognizing subtext even when it's on the surface. Did you not understand the if / then inference of my response? Go back and read it again.

Maybe I did and maybe I didn't; I posted that almost a month ago and don't remember. I looked at my post and can't remember. I don't feel like reading it again.

Number two: No one has the right to block the intercourse of activity that roads allow. That's not freedom of speech. That's obstruction of freedom. I have the freedom to drive my car from point A to point B whether it's to Home Depot or to the emergency room. However those individuals have the right to stand on the side of the road with their signs, and I think such a demonstration would be far more effective than blocking the road. I have participated in pro-life demonstrations where we stand on the roadside near abortion mills and even in front of the church I attend and we pray for the conversion of souls. What if we stood in the road instead? What say you about that?

No one has the "right" to do anything the authorities deem "wrong."

The Constitution protects the right to speak and right to assemble. The right to drive on roads is nowhere in the Constitution and not absolute as those.

We've privatized much of what were once public spaces (for example, "Main Street USA" is now a privately owned parking lot or internal space in a shopping mall or strip mall) and turned the rest into roads fit only for automobile travel... many people think this was great, and are okay with that, but it has had terrible effects on our public sphere (and of course the environment).

When you make everything a private space, the 1st Amendment becomes essentially meaningless, insofar as you cannot any longer protest public policy without either: 1) blocking traffic, or 2) doing it on private property, and you seem to be okay with that? Let me know if I'm misreading you.

FWIW, the Supreme Court (well... past Supreme Courts, probably not the current one) opined that where private parties are acting as a public sphere, the 1st Amendment protects speech or other actions of expression (long time precedent that under the 1st Amendment, "speech" = "expression" not necessarily only spoken language).

OH, and of course, whenever protestors block traffic, someone on the Right starts claiming they're obstructing ambulances... please show me any time this actually happened, and was not a mere rhetorical tactic to undermine the legitmacy of the protest.

Number three: your rejoinders some times lack sophistication and simply ejaculate sarcasm and shrillness, especially when they are in opposition to your point of view.
Yes, I know. I'm not perfect.

So be it should I continue to elicit such a response.
I'll try to be better. But only when I deem the response worthy of better behavior... if people post stupid links/insults/bullshit misreadings of posts, I'm not going to take the time for a thoughtful response.

If you're talking about the influx of millions of illegal aliens who have crossed over from Mexico to Texas and have been enabled to stay here without vetting, I agree with you.

Where there's a lot to that... the feds (the CIA) have actively contributed to that by overthrowing foreign governments at the behest of American corporations that profited from teh turmoil. Or more likely viewed themselves as sovereign entities within say, Guatemala, or Honduras, or Haiti, or now Ecuador, Peru, or soon to be Guyana.

And of course, corporate America employs a lot of those "illegal aliens" when they come here, either directly, or mostly indirectly through subcontractors, as below-minimum wage /exploitable labor... win/win for the guys getting richer as the rest of us languish in stagnant wages or salaries.

But specifically, I'm saying border security & policy is a federal issue, and the Feds should not be allowing the Texas governor to grandstand on this and interfere with federal policy, misguided as it might be.

Maybe I did and maybe I didn't; I posted that almost a month ago and don't remember. I looked at my post and can't remember. I don't feel like reading it again.

No one has the "right" to do anything the authorities deem "wrong."

The Constitution protects the right to speak and right to assemble. The right to drive on roads is nowhere in the Constitution and not absolute as those.

We've privatized much of what were once public spaces (for example, "Main Street USA" is now a privately owned parking lot or internal space in a shopping mall or strip mall) and turned the rest into roads fit only for automobile travel... many people think this was great, and are okay with that, but it has had terrible effects on our public sphere (and of course the environment).

When you make everything a private space, the 1st Amendment becomes essentially meaningless, insofar as you cannot any longer protest public policy without either: 1) blocking traffic, or 2) doing it on private property, and you seem to be okay with that? Let me know if I'm misreading you.

FWIW, the Supreme Court (well... past Supreme Courts, probably not the current one) opined that where private parties are acting as a public sphere, the 1st Amendment protects speech or other actions of expression (long time precedent that under the 1st Amendment, "speech" = "expression" not necessarily only spoken language).

OH, and of course, whenever protestors block traffic, someone on the Right starts claiming they're obstructing ambulances... please show me any time this actually happened, and was not a mere rhetorical tactic to undermine the legitmacy of the protest.

Yes, I know. I'm not perfect.

I'll try to be better. But only when I deem the response worthy of better behavior... if people post stupid links/insults/bullshit misreadings of posts, I'm not going to take the time for a thoughtful response.

Thank you for a thorough response. I?ll say that not all rights are enumerated in the Constitution. I?ll also say that anyone who want to use a public road to demonstrate should apply for a permit and stage a march from point A to point B. Those who simply block the road are breaking the law. There?s no stipulation for people going to Home Depot or for fire engines on the way to an emergency, and I?m under no obligation to site an instance of either.

Where there's a lot to that... the feds (the CIA) have actively contributed to that by overthrowing foreign governments at the behest of American corporations that profited from teh turmoil. Or more likely viewed themselves as sovereign entities within say, Guatemala, or Honduras, or Haiti, or now Ecuador, Peru, or soon to be Guyana.

We agree that this Republic is moribund because of the alliance of corporations and intelligence, at our direct expense, in all connotations of the term.

And of course, corporate America employs a lot of those "illegal aliens" when they come here, either directly, or mostly indirectly through subcontractors, as below-minimum wage /exploitable labor... win/win for the guys getting richer as the rest of us languish in stagnant wages or salaries.

But specifically, I'm saying border security & policy is a federal issue, and the Feds should not be allowing the Texas governor to grandstand on this and interfere with federal policy, misguided as it might be.

If the Feds, in compliance with intelligence and business, are enabling the acceleration of your two valid points, should the state that is most directly and acutely affected by this intentional ignorance of basic border policy stand idly by? This is not, in my opinion, misguided border-security policy; it?s an abuse and deliberate negligence of border-security policy.

Oh my god! I hope they aren't here to do all the jobs nobody can get Americans to do.

AI is projected to replace 40% of the workforce and we don't need 10 million to pick crops in FL and CA. What are all these people going to do?

Last edited:
AI is projected to replace 40% of the workforce and we don't need 10 million to pick crops in FL and CA. What are all these people going to do?
I guess get put on busses at the order of Abott and DiSantis and be driven to New York and Chicago and LA.

Cali is already a border state so that seem like kind of overkill. I guess maybe it?s a special FU to Newsom.

I guess get put on busses at the order of Abott and DiSantis and be driven to New York and Chicago and LA.

Cali is already a border state so that seem like kind of overkill. I guess maybe it?s a special FU to Newsom.

it would be better they were put on the busses and sent back to where they started however Buck Fiden won't allow that.

it would be better they were put on the busses and sent back to where they started however Buck Fiden won't allow that.

Since 911, getting through customs is a nightmare.

And what if Mexico won?t let them recross the border?

We?re talking some top level pain in the ass shit.

Yeah, how dare that Biden guy not violate US and international law regarding asylum seekers.

The vast majority aren't coming here for asylum, all it's going to do is bring US down to the same third world level they are fleeing there aren't millions of jobs here for them. open your door and let a few stay with you.

Last edited:
Yeah, how dare that Biden guy not violate US and international law regarding asylum seekers.

people who cross the border illegally are illegal aliens. Asylum claims don't trump their illegal status - they need to be deported first then they can get in line and seek asylum at a port of entry.

Back