Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bourn, Ross, Pagan, Victorino

cmlfactor

Which one of these outfielders should the Tigers go after next?

Now that Hunter is signed we have one other pesky corner outfield spot to worry about. I hate the idea of a Garcia/Dirks/Berry platoon...I'm tired of platoons in general...it's high time to have an outfield with every day guys. I like Dirks a lot, but I prefer him off the bench, and because bench depth is something we've lacked.

The D-Backs are going to ask the world for Upton, the other Upton is too unreliable, and the idea of a Giancarlo Stanton trade is merely whacking material. One of those four guys is the best option in my mind.

I don't see us going after another outfielder. I think it is Dirks job. I think Sanchez(if possible) and a back up catcher will be the only additional signings we will see.

It was said that the Tigers were very interested in Victorino but that was BEFORE the signing of Torii Hunter. I honestly think we will not sign any of those FA's you listed above but instead sign sorta a stop gap RH hitting OF that can platoon with Dirks in LF.

Victorino if they go for another full-time OF, Scott Hairston or Cody Ross if they get a RH platoon bat.

Pagan is going to get overpaid, Bourn is not who we want (cant hit lefties, wants a huge contract), Ross is NOT a full time player and should not be paid like one.

I dont mind the Dirks / Garcia platoon, I think thats fine. And if one of those two perform they can have the job full-time if they are ready. If they under perform we can trade for someone near the deadline or maybe Castellonas will be ready by then.

I'd much rather spend money on SP, and if not that get rid of Peralta and get a better SS.

Garcia needs more time in the minors, he was clearly overmatched in a lot of his at-bats, and had ZERO extra base hits while with the team. He desperately needs to work on his plate approach and improve his walk rate. Really, the only part of his game that is ML ready right now is his defense. I sincerely hope he stays in the minors until september again unless he REALLY burns it up.

Yes, Garcia is not ready at all. I like the options of Dirks coming off the bench. Bench is important and we've sucked there.

i would have rather not got hunter and got pagan AND cabrera

Not going to get those players for two-year deals. And the tactic of leveraging last season's magic into next season's success is unproven. Melky is void of steroids, no telling what he'd do now.

And I like a platoon system with the right players. Tigers have 1/2 the ingredients with Dirks, but they are missing the other half. Garcia is not ready for a 162 game sched., IMO, unless he breaths baseball all winter.

Blue Jays are apparently signing Melky to a 2 year, $16 million deal.

Good. They beat DD to it.

Now I don't have to be faced with another year of a player I despise being on my team.

Or some troll trying to tell everyone how good he really is.

that wasnt me, that was austindaye. if youre going to be a smartass you should probably make sure youre gloating at the right person.

You're misreading Spock. He means himself to eat crow because he said those players would not sign deal that were only 2 years.

He quoted you because you posted that he in fact signed a 2 year deal.

Just a simple misunderstanding is all.

Back