Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Boxer dies

So sad. I agree. Even if you don't die like this young man getting repeatedly hit in the head has life consequences. Rest in peace.

Boxers are better than they were a generation ago, but their brains are not. So the same brain is taking more severe punishment. MMA is even worse. Legalized street fighting is not sport.

Might as well ban ice-boxing while you are at it Byco.

I would not miss it. Would you? I certainly don't miss participating in it. It's not like "dang, that would have been a better game if there were a few fights."

I actually meant body-checking (#1 source of concussions and permanent injuries) and not the fighting.

I personally would miss the hell out of fighting.

I need to find the Artyom Anisimov collection, there is like 5 solid hits on this guy alone that gave him concussions in his first few years in the league.

He's had maybe 1 fight in the NHL when he did that shooting(sniping) celebration.

Need to get Larking back in the AS game to against Connor and compare.

Somehow, it is possible for me to critically discriminate the difference between a savage, open-ice hit and absorbing repeated blows to the head and body for up to 60 minutes from a man trained to deliver them with unusual speed, force, and frequency.

Maybe it's me.

Last edited:
We have boxing, MMA, football and auto racing.

The ancient Romans had gladiators and chariot racing.

Kind of the nature of the beast.

Back