Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Boxer dies

The objective of boxing and MMA is to knock someone out. That's the issue I have with those two "sports". People get injured skateboarding, surfing, etc., but it's not because their opponents are trying to hit them in the head while they participate.

The objective of boxing and MMA is to knock someone out. That's the issue I have with those two "sports". People get injured skateboarding, surfing, etc., but it's not because their opponents are trying to hit them in the head while they participate.

So what?

If a person thinks there?s something wrong with that, that person shouldn?t box.

I have a good idea-if a person doesn?t wanna box - or do any other combat sport, let?s not make them do that.

If a person doesn?t want to watch boxing or any other combat sport, let?s not make them do it.

It wasn?t that long ago in some schools that boxing was a compulsory part of physical education.

Or course people wore headgear, and nobody was ever punched by a professional boxer, and I doubt very many people actually got hurt.

The great Adam Corolla.

Last edited:
If a person thinks there?s something wrong with that, that person shouldn?t box.

I have a good idea-if a person doesn?t wanna box - or do any other combat sport, let?s not make them do that.

If a person doesn?t want to watch boxing or any other combat sport, let?s not make them do it.

You have changed my mind. Fuck 'em, let them kill each other!

I just won't watch.

You have changed my mind. Fuck 'em, let them kill each other!

I just won't watch.

I think you?re being partly sarcastic, but I also think you?re seeing my point- because the goal of boxing or MMA is to knock the opponent out, that doesn?t make it any more or less dangerous than any other dangerous activity that a person might willingly engage in, and if a person wants to choose boxing or MMA that person should be allowed to.

Very often catastrophic brain injury in boxing is caused by the use of diuretics to make weight.

Diuretics are of course a banned substance, and the boxers who use them understand the danger, but we?ll never be able to stop everyone who is willing to do something dangerous to achieve a goal.

Seems that all other sports are looking for ways to make them safer. If boxing is also, I have not noticed.

I think you?re being partly sarcastic, but I also think you?re seeing my point- because the goal of boxing or MMA is to knock the opponent out, that doesn?t make it any more or less dangerous than any other dangerous activity that a person might willingly engage in, and if a person wants to choose boxing or MMA that person should be allowed to.

Very often catastrophic brain injury in boxing is caused by the use of diuretics to make weight.

Diuretics are of course a banned substance, and the boxers who use them understand the danger, but we?ll never be able to stop everyone who is willing to do something dangerous to achieve a goal.

the problem with this argument is similar to the "i shouldn't have to wear seatbelts or a motorcycle helmet" bullshit... everyone else has to bear the consequences and costs of trying to care for someone who is dying because they did something stupid and are in a coma now.

the problem with this argument is similar to the "i shouldn't have to wear seatbelts or a motorcycle helmet" bullshit... everyone else has to bear the consequences and costs of trying to care for someone who is dying because they did something stupid and are in a coma now.

OK.

So in #16-#20 I listed numerous other voluntary activities that statistics show are dangerous/can be lethal.

Are we going to outlaw them too?

If guys want to box it?s their choice to do so. I do not agree with banning any tough contact sport. Sad this happens that is for sure.

Last edited:
I box as a hobby. And as much as I enjoy it I would never, ever, EVER do it without headgear.

I golf for a hobby. I enjoy it and almost always wear a visor or hat...gotta keep that sun off my face.

Back