Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brad Eldred?

what I get out of it, he was just one of several 1B DH types sort of expendable.
He thanked the Tigers for signing him to a AAA contract and the chance with Tigers although short stint.

The Tigers announced they have signed infielder Jeff Baisley to a minor-league contract -- a move that essentially replaces Eldred's spot on the Mud Hens' roster.

Eldred joins a slew of former Tigers who have signed with the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, including: Timo Perez, Sean Douglass, Rod Allen and Colby Lewis.

well, I live in the Toledo area and go to a lot of Mud Hens games. As a "fan" of the team I am a little disapointed that they just let their best hitter go. I say "fan" because it isn't that importatnt to me but it is always better when they have a good team.

Just really strange... Maybe Brad just went to Detroit and said let me go.

He was not under Detroit control.

He's was not on the 40-man, so it was unlikely he would ever be called back up to the Tigers again. I'm sure the Mud Hens understood this and granted his request to allow him to pursue a different career path, rather than toiling away on a AAA team for little money and sack lunches.

Who knows, if he does well over there, it's likely an MLB club will offer him a deal next spring.

Back