Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brady Hoke retiring

Michchamp

Not really important news, but maybe of interest to some. I just saw his announcement. He's 65 and so it's probably as good a time as any to walk away.

Coached here as an assistant from 1995-2002, and then again as HC from 2011 to 2014.

Is in his second stint at SDSU; had one good year again in 2021 (12-2). They're 3-7 this season, so too bad for him he bows out on a low note.

He was doing alright salary-wise the last couple seasons, but San Diego real estate is unbelievably expensive (even Mitt Romney had to move out). Hopefully he bought something before the insane run up in real estate prices before the interest rate hikes last year. Otherwise he might have to move back to Ohio and live next to Tom Dalton.

Good for him. Guess I didn't realize he was 65 years old. I liked him at Michigan and at BSU. Shame he didn't have the stuff to get it done, but he had the right mentality.

I do agree hopefully he doesn't have to move back to Ohio, that would suck!

Good for him. Guess I didn't realize he was 65 years old. I liked him at Michigan and at BSU. Shame he didn't have the stuff to get it done, but he had the right mentality.

I do agree hopefully he doesn't have to move back to Ohio, that would suck!

Don?t feel bad. I guess I didn?t realize it either.

For years and years, I would wake up wondering ?how soon until Brady Hoke becomes 65????but I don?t know?I guess the curiosity just went away.

Brady had the right idea with playing ?Man ball? but he didn?t bring the start power Harbaugh brings. It?s critical for the players to buy in to a coach?s system/culture. A few bad apples spoil the bunch. What we are witnessing is a collective group of men all facing the same direction with one main goal. No one has a hidden agenda. Very special to see

Brady had the right idea with playing ?Man ball? but he didn?t bring the start power Harbaugh brings. It?s critical for the players to buy in to a coach?s system/culture. A few bad apples spoil the bunch. What we are witnessing is a collective group of men all facing the same direction with one main goal. No one has a hidden agenda. Very special to see

Yeah, and I remember Harbaugh gave him credit in the press conference as one of the guys who built Michigan football.

I think Hoke was just sloppy; I don't think he put the time in to drill kids in practice that was necessary, and it showed. I posted a quote from Jake Butt during the offseason, when he said Harbaugh's first statement to the team was that they needed to practice more and get better at playing football.

Because practice hours were limited by the NCAA, Harbaugh had half the team start at one time, and the other half start two hours later. So they had 2 hours with group 1 alone, 2 hours with the combined team, and 2 hours with group 2. The coaches were there the full six hours. I think that spoke volumes about the level of intensity Harbaugh brought to the team, and the commitment he had. The players couldn't slack, because they saw the coaches were putting in even more time.

Also probably another reason a lot of other coaches aren't Harbaugh fans... his work ethic makes them look bad.

But to end it on a positive note for Hoke, his 2011 season was big in terms of restoring Michigan football after the RR years. I mean Hoke took a 7-6 team that couldn't play defense and they went 11-2, and could man up. It's just that cleaning up RR's mess was easy; the hard work was building on that, and Brady, Borges, etc. couldn't cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for him. I saw a tweet today that in the last 20 years, he's the only UM coach to beat OSU without cheating

Good for him. I saw a tweet today that in the last 20 years, he's the only UM coach to beat OSU without cheating

you saw a tweet about that? wow, that's really original. Thanks for sharing

It?s not going to be long before we find that Spartans shared Michigan?s sideline signs with the rival of both, Ohio State.

That?ll be fun.

It?s not going to be long before we find that Spartans shared Michigan?s sideline signs with the rival of both, Ohio State.

That?ll be fun.

except in typical spartan fashion their report would be riddled with typos and errors

Originally Posted by tinselwolverine

That?ll be fun.

But they probably got them wrong.

except in typical spartan fashion their report would be riddled with typos and errors

And images of stick figures.

I saw that SF was annexed by China today. Officially, that is. (Last political inference)

That?s funny.

I think it?s only for during the APEC Summit.

Ji don?t want no part of that crap after the big soir?e.

For starters, it comes with Gavin Newsom. On a regular basis.

Back