Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brandon Inge..................?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]It's simple....as long as he can hit his career average, he will stay at second, which helps defensively, the other choice being Mudhen with his horrible UZR/UZR150 at second.
Inge hitting a little would push Raburn to leftfield more often, which has another domino effect of getting Young out of LF, where he is the worse of the two Raburn/Young in left defensively.

KC, what's his career avg? Around .230+ maybe?

If someone wanted Inge, they would have grabbed him last season at no cost when he was DFA'd.

tonyballs said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]It's simple....as long as he can hit his career average, he will stay at second, which helps defensively, the other choice being Mudhen with his horrible UZR/UZR150 at second.
Inge hitting a little would push Raburn to leftfield more often, which has another domino effect of getting Young out of LF, where he is the worse of the two Raburn/Young in left defensively.

iirc Tony, it's .235

edit. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/ingebr01.shtml
Cringe's career stats.

MI_Thumb said:
If someone wanted Inge, they would have grabbed him last season at no cost when he was DFA'd.

If Inge is moved, I would expect that the Tigers would be paying most of the salary.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tonyballs said:

iirc Tony, it's .235

edit. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/ingebr01.shtml
Cringe's career stats.

Stellar numbers!!!
shocked.gif

My final take on Inge: He's like the Art Linkletter of MLB; the Barney Frank of MLB; the Tiny Tim of MLB.
In that...yes....maybe some people might want to go see Linkletter (I recall he mc'd a live event at the Michigan State Fairgrounds years ago!); maybe some people still want to vote for a criminal like Frank...hell, I've heard people tell me Nixon was a great Prez! And yes, I'm sure we all were 'entertained' by Tiny Tim's ah, singing. Anyway, it's people like these 3 and others that I link to a guy like Cringe. They have marginal talents yet they somehow play a living-breathing Forrest Gump & plenty of people love them. It's like soap operas or reality TV: I'll accept there are folks who love it...just leave me alone & don't yack about it. Same with our boy Brandon: I'm tired of bitching about him. Just release him, sit him on the bench or trade him but for godsakes I hope not to see him go up to HP 500 times, swinging like an aids-infected Babe Ruth & cussing us out b/c we point out his shortcomings. End of rant.

Last 3 years:

.230 BAVG .307 OBP .378 SLG .685 OPS

Last 3 years Away:

.214 BAVG .290 OBP .353 SLG .643 OPS

Last 3 years vs RHP:

.223 BAVG .292 OBP .346 SLG .638 OPS

Last 3 years Home:

.246 BAVG .324 OBP .403 SLG .727 OPS

Last 3 years vs LHP:

.247 BAVG .345 OBP .460 SLG .805 OPS

Career Home vs Career Away

.248 BAVG .728 OPS vs .222 BAVG .657 OPS

Career LHP vs Career RHP

.265 BAVG .800 OPS vs .223 BAVG .652 OPS

When Inge came back from AAA last August, his first game back was at home with a LHP. So, to me, it was no surprise he went 2-4 with a HR.

2011 vs RHP = .170 BAVG .220 OBP .228 SLG .448 OPS

2011 vs LHP = .245 BAVG .339 OBP .378 SLG .717 OPS

IMHO, Inge should never see action on the road vs RHP. NEVER! A pitcher could hit better than him.

As long as management doesn't do a crazy thing, this is Inge's last year, yee haw. I used to respect him but in the last few years his arrogance and statements like flick of wrist homerun power, the multitude of excuses for his poor play, has made me despise him.

Mr. Inge is now hitting .227 (5-22) for the spring.

I am so glad he is in the best shape of his life.

rebbiv said:

I just hope he takes it like a man.

I hope a lot more that Leyland and DD use their heads.

rebbiv said:

Good bye, Inge. Can't wait to see you go.....

rebbiv said:

But most of those are extra base hits. Singles are too simple for him.

I could be wrong, but I will guess that Inge will probably initially make the team and then be cut within a month or so, barring a miracle, and he hits ~.250 or better during the month of April, even though he should and certainly deserves to be cut during or right after ST ends.

Doing this also might allow for his POTG texting slappies and fan club members to give him a nice last standing O sendoff @ CoPa after the announcement has been made, for his decade of service as a career Tiger. Its just really too bad that the far more deserving Maggs and maybe Guillen as well never will.

Maggs still has a very very slim chance of hooking up with an AL team yet, but he has some competition from FAs Guerrero, Damon, and Matsui. I wonder if White Sox fans wish that they could have any of those four instead of Dunn @ DH, in only his second season of four...haha!!

Turok said:
I could be wrong, but I will guess that Inge will probably initially make the team and then be cut within a month or so, barring a miracle, and he hits ~.250 or better during the month of April, even though he should and certainly deserves to be cut during or right after ST ends.

Doing this also might allow for his POTG texting slappies and fan club members to give him a nice last standing O sendoff @ CoPa after the announcement has been made, for his decade of service as a career Tiger. Its just really too bad that the far more deserving Maggs and maybe Guillen as well never will.

Far more deserving Magglio and Guillen?
How so?

BTW... I prefer Inge gets DFA'ed a.s.a.p

I know I sound like a broken record, but I just can't see the Tigers carrying an extra second baseman who hits .250 during a good stretch, with 2 shot knees.

Santiago and Raburn are locks, Inge is not going to win a starting job (if he does, I'll finally join the fire Leyland, fire DD club) and he's too much baggage to carry as a 3rd stringer.

Sit him down and tell him, man to man, Brandon, it's time to hang them up...enjoy the $5.5 million and go play with your kids.

The scary thing about inge is that he isn't striking out this spring and he is still only hitting .240. When he hits his mid season form and averages over 1 strike out a game where is he going to be? 1 hr. and 1 rbi. I see that he is still as clutch as ever.

Back