Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Breaking news! Lions expected to sign Marvin Jones day 1 FA

from the link

With Calvin Johnson likely headed for retirement, the Lions need a starter to pair with Golden Tate. Jones is the best available option in a weak class of free agent wide receivers. The 25-year-old set career-highs in catches (65), targets (103) and yards (816) this past season. Jones getting overpaid this offseason is a near certainty.

Really hope we don't over pay for mediocre talent. Yes we need help at wr but hopefully the new front office will be smart. I would rather over pay for help in the trenches

Not sure it's breaking news worthy. Nice option but as Tom posted, certainly going to be overpaid. For 800 yards?

Not sure it's breaking news worthy. Nice option but as Tom posted, certainly going to be overpaid. For 800 yards?

Hey what other news have we had since CJs dithering?

Same thing was said about Tate, if I recall.

We still need a deep threat.....but that signing signifies two things to me.

1. They know CJ is done.
2. We are not drafting a WR in the first 3 rounds.

I'd still take Coleman.......but that's just me.

He's young and he has the talent. Don't forget he was second fiddle to one of the best in the world in AJ Green. And that's a team with 2 stud RBs too. He could be a welcome addition to the Lions. I'm not banging the table for the kid to come here but i wouldn't be opposed to it either.

All I said it didn't seem breaking news worthy. Breaking news would be a 25 year old Fitz. Nice option but overpaid.

As long as its not a massive over payment I think this is a good signing. Hes a solid WR, and def a massive upgrade over anyone else (not including Tate) on the team.

All I said it didn't seem breaking news worthy. Breaking news would be a 25 year old Fitz. Nice option but overpaid.

I know what you said. This is sports tho....everyone is overpaid and Jones is young and talented. If everyone focused on his 800 receiving yards then he wouldn't be worth talking about. Add to the fact that its a weak FA class makes it somewhat newsworthy.

Technically speaking, it is breaking news. Or more appropriately, it was breaking news.

Anything is breaking news when the news breaks. It's just not big news.

Technically speaking, it is breaking news. Or more appropriately, it was breaking news.

Anything is breaking news when the news breaks. It's just not big news.

Breaking news the Tigers are winning their ST game against the Marlins. I'm not sure I see that..

F you guys hating on my brand of yellow journalism.

F you guys hating on my brand of yellow journalism.

520575.jpg

I know what you said. This is sports tho....everyone is overpaid and Jones is young and talented. If everyone focused on his 800 receiving yards then he wouldn't be worth talking about. Add to the fact that its a weak FA class makes it somewhat newsworthy.

If we pay him like a top tier #2 WR I am ok with that. He should not get #1 money.

Back