Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bret Bielma's comments prior to losing to Toledo

As for the extra practice its always shrugged off by um fans as not a big deal. If OSU was doing that you would be bitching about it and calling them cheaters. Yet getting extra time to practice (because of stretching not being timed) or be around coaches in the off season is an advantage. Enough for probation to be given to UM by the NCAA and loss of practice time. If that happened at OSU fans from your side would argue that is the reason OSU won games and beat um. Do you disagree?

cheating is cheating. Our response to it was nothing like the stonewalling, denial, contorting and squirming to avoid responsibility that Ohio St. seems to perform every couple years.

it cost our AD his job, and we manfully sanctioned ourselves.

This Dipshit is still in Columbus, despite everything that has gone on under him. Speaks volumes, no? Well, not to the deaf...

smithx-large.jpg

This is mind boggling to me, but apparently Michigan and Ohio are two different planets, one just, and one evil:
"In January 2014 Smith was promoted to vice president of the university. He will continue in his duties as athletic director, while also having an expanding role in other areas of the university. He will also receive a significant raise."

cheating is cheating. Our response to it was nothing like the stonewalling, denial, contorting and squirming to avoid responsibility that Ohio St. seems to perform every couple years.

This Dipshit is still in Columbus, despite everything that has gone on under him. Speaks volumes, no? Well, not to the deaf...

smithx-large.jpg

That's what Michigan should have done, hired an NCAA infractions guy. You think stretchgate would have been a thing with him on our side?

edit: I'm just kidding. You know I'd never want Michigan to be like that.

Last edited:

We got what we deserved and deserved what we got. Two for one on the practice hours and probation. My complaint is the classification of it as a major violation (in a system that has since been rewritten.)

We got what we deserved and deserved what we got. Two for one on the practice hours and probation. My complaint is the classification of it as a major violation (in a system that has since been rewritten.)

Did you like how I used the word "manfully" there? You didn't quote that part, but I thought it was the better part of the post.

I think - given that Jim Tressel is obviously an unaccomplished, worthless human being aside from his scandal-plagued tenures at Youngstown St. & OSU, (i.e. when he isn't able to cheat his way to success) - that karma would be some result that puts you clowns close to what could be expected in terms of annual results from 2001-2010, i.e. not merely a one year ban. That was 10 seasons of cheating your asses off and getting away with it for almost all that time.

You have 9 more seasons of paying the piper, is what I'm saying.

And if that's not quite going back to Cooper levels of frustration against Michigan, at least a 0.500 record.

Your point of view is jadded, have you ever met Jim Tressel? Has he wronged you some way? To think that about someone you don't know or have never even met is pretty sad. I'm not the one that has to do mental gymnastics with thoughts like that.

smithx-large.jpg

I can't disagree with Gene Smith being an idiot. You got me there

Your point of view is jadded, have you ever met Jim Tressel? Has he wronged you some way? To think that about someone you don't know or have never even met is pretty sad. I'm not the one that has to do mental gymnastics with thoughts like that.

this is absurd. have I ever met him? Hell, no, and I hope I never do. I can only criticise people I've met?

has he wronged me? Hell yes, not only as a Michigan fan, but as a fan of college football, a fan of fair play, and a fan of human decency, he has hurt me - and others like me - in all those aspects.

this is absurd. have I ever met him? Hell, no, and I hope I never do. I can only criticise people I've met?

has he wronged me? Hell yes, not only as a Michigan fan, but as a fan of college football, a fan of fair play, and a fan of human decency, he has hurt me - and others like me - in all those aspects.

You can criticize as many people as you want.
Kind of like how you criticized my spelling, pot meet kettle.

I love seeing the hatred you have for OSU, it makes it even better that you can't let it go from 2002 - 2010 (yes 2010 did happen, I'm guessing you got drunk and cussed about OSU that day) I don't think much is going to change either. Your new coach might turn it around but it won't be for a few years. So you will be stewing and crying about Tressel till you get a winning season or two under your belt. Of course Urban isn't going to let that happen as easy as you want.

Just look at how this thread has gone from Ark losing to Toledo (you guys had this happen too) to Ohio St and the cheaters we are. Your obsession is so funny that you can't help but scream at anyone for being an OSU fan.

Last edited:
Just look at how this thread has gone from Ark losing to Toledo (you guys had this happen too) to Ohio St and the cheaters we are. Your obsession is so funny that you can't help but scream at anyone for being an OSU fan.

Not really.

There'd be no OSU talk in this thread if it were not for you and I had to check wikipedia to dig this crap up to check the stuff you were trying to draw analogies to.

So not at all.

I love seeing the hatred you have for OSU, it makes it even better that you can't let it go from 2002 - 2010 (yes 2010 did happen, I'm guessing you got drunk and cussed about OSU that day)... .

You guessed wrong. 2010 was the last regular season game of the RichRod era. I watched expecting us to lose badly, and was surprised it was only 21-10, despite a plethora of TOs from us. But Tressel played conservatively there, and RichRod sucked. I was glad he was fired a month later.

You guessed wrong. 2010 was the last regular season game of the RichRod era. I watched expecting us to lose badly, and was surprised it was only 21-10, despite a plethora of TOs from us. But Tressel played conservatively there, and RichRod sucked. I was glad he was fired a month later.

He wants to think OSU has done to us what Michigan did to them under Cooper. We all know it's not the same. I'm sure they're loving these victories, but beating Michigan under RR and Hoke wasn't like the stretch from 1995-97 where Michigan won 3 straight vs OSU teams ranked #2, #2, and #4. We're in a bad place, but it's nothing OSU has done to us. This crap was self-inflicted.

Talk about obsessions... other than Brady Hoke's "ohio" thing, have we ever officially left OSU's name off a trophy, or came up with some lame name for them that was repeated ad nauseum as though it were really that clever? Link.

"Durrrr we not put Misheegun's name on trophy, cause we so much better."

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right the 90's did suck, Cooper had awesome teams and couldn't finish the season by beating UM or winning bowl games. It wasn't like we suffered from having a shitty team year after year.

Beating #2 UM in '06 was pretty good, That was a good UM team that we beat.

As for the trophy its just the rivalry, I'm not really a fan of it but I get it.
As for Hoke saying Ohio that was fine. It was in good fun which most UM fans ate up. They loved it and used it as much as possible. Since he wasn't a good coach it died out, the TUN thing started with Woody so it had staying power at OSU.

Back