Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brewers Braves Brawl

elrod817

Anyone catch the highlights? What was Gomez so angry about?

I know... I cannot figure it out unless he was on something...Why was he so pissed..

MLB is doing a nice piece on it right now.. I get it.. Big History between the pitcher and hitter..

Last edited:
Woooo...man was heated. I get it now...kind of. That's a lot of baggage/animosity to carry around with you. I rewound it a few times thinking he was pissed that the first pitch was too close for comfort, but nope right down the pike. Imagine Gomez on the Lions board...dude would be slicing throats...

he just issued a statement.. He said he was sorry...

"I don't apologize for this. Just take the pain back. You can see the replay. They hit me for no reason, and I tried to get it back today. It's the only opportunity that I have. That's what I did." ~Carlos Gomez

lol...It might have been one those apologies that someone forced on him.

I saw an old paper where I saw "I touched all the bases" -- Chambliss. I'm wondering if he touched 3rd base, I think by the time he got to third, the base was missing.

He was mob'd but I was sure Chambliss ended up touching the plate. Maybe I'm wrong.

No. Interesting twist. He went straight for the dugout from third. And later came back with two policemen to touch home, but it was gone -- ripped from the field. The unusual circumstances made the touching of home plate unnecessary in any event.

I watched it and read about the history there. To be honest I have less of a problem with the way he handled it than someone charging the mound. The next time he faced him he went yard and let him know about it. That is the ultimate revenge IMO

I watched it and read about the history there. To be honest I have less of a problem with the way he handled it than someone charging the mound. The next time he faced him he went yard and let him know about it. That is the ultimate revenge IMO

Going yard is one thing but standing and watching like he did is another. Now if he was hit and the pitcher stared him down I don't see a problem.

Why so many empty seats in Atlanta? Their team is division champs and still fighting for home field advantage. That's kinda sad...

Going yard is one thing but standing and watching like he did is another. Now if he was hit and the pitcher stared him down I don't see a problem.

With Mitch on this one...Gomez was a bit excessive in his actions. Going yard was great...and, you know, it's not really my style, but maybe even a little batter box admiration's okay. But to stare at and yell at the pitcher the entire time you circle the bases was a little much.

So you also had a problem with what Guillen did to Weaver? Because I seem to remember you thought it was pretty great at the time.

If it was Miggy doing it against the White Sox and not Cargo vs. the Braves everyone here would be cheering for him.

No double standards....Cargo dunked on the Braves and teabagged them on the way down...like a boss.

So you also had a problem with what Guillen did to Weaver? Because I seem to remember you thought it was pretty great at the time.

If it was Miggy doing it against the White Sox and not Cargo vs. the Braves everyone here would be cheering for him.

No double standards....Cargo dunked on the Braves and teabagged them on the way down...like a boss.

No that's different, because Weaver was mouthing off to Maggs so it was appropriate IMO.

And Miggy wouldn't do it..

Last edited:
Kirk Gibson was known to mouth off to opposing pitchers. He just wouldn't have waited after some low life pitcher hit him twice. That was Gomez' fault. He waited too long.

Back