Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Kelly to LSU

zyxt9

I hope he gets destroyed in the SEC. I don't mind LSU as much as other SEC schools for some reason, but fucking dislike BK. That said, hopefully ND gets a horrible coach.

I don't really know what to think about this.

I guess it's slightly embarrassing for ND, as they can't keep a winning coach there. I don't have any idea how he'll do there... seems like a potential culture clash for him.

This came out of nowhere like Riley to usc. I agree it confuses me. Maybe he got tired of all of ND rules ? Idk

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that this will eventually evolve into the overall coaching carousel thread so I'll put this here. OU is hemorrhaging current players and recruits right now. Lost several 4 and 5 star recruits, Rattler is transferring and now seeing that their second leading receiver and former 5 star Jadon Hazelwood is transferring as well.

Also back on the original topic. I found this nugget from ESPN interesting:

Over the past 30 years, there have been 12 instances of a coach winning at least 11 games in his final season at the helm of a Power 5/AQ school.

Of those 12:
-- 5 left for the NFL
-- 5 either retired or resigned due to NCAA violations or scandals
-- 2 took a job at a different college football program

Those two CFB instances are Brian Kelly leaving Cincinnati for Notre Dame, and Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for LSU.

Amorion Walker is officially on flip watch. Thanks to BK for giving us out top WR target!

Kelly last week addressed the possibility of leaving Notre Dame for another job, telling reporters, "No. I mean, [Pittsburgh Steelers coach] Mike Tomlin had the best line, right? Unless that fairy godmother comes by with that $250 million check, my wife would want to take a look at it first. I'd have to run it by her."

Maybe they brought the $250M check

Another reason to stick with Harbaugh instead of chasing coaches on this carousel.

This will not persuade the people you're trying to persuade. They're all on Harbaugh's side now, but only until the next time we lose. I think there's honestly a portion of the Michigan fanbase (more online than in real life) that prefers guys like Kelly or Riley. Maybe they identify with them? who knows?

I remember a kid in my dorm complaining about Carr winning the '97 championship, because "it's going to be harder to fire him now" and this was in '98 after we started 0-2.

glad the administration is not as retarded as the online fanbase (or the minority of "real life" fans like the kid in my dorm).

Will ND allow Kelly to coach the team in the bowl game they get? Or will they respond like Bo did and say they want a ND man to coach their team?

Will ND allow Kelly to coach the team in the bowl game they get? Or will they respond like Bo did and say they want a ND man to coach their team?

I think he's LSU's coach already. Not available to coach for ND even if they wanted him.

Looking like they're going to promote their DC Marcus Freeman. I don't think Kelly wants to coach the bowl game. He hasn't at either of his last 2 stops. Gotta start recruiting.

In regards to the $$, I've seen speculation that it's potentially up to $15mm a year but that sounds outrageous and I still haven't seen a source to corroborate so I don't buy it. ND is private so his salary there isn't public knowledge.

I'm going to guess that this will eventually evolve into the overall coaching carousel thread so I'll put this here. OU is hemorrhaging current players and recruits right now. Lost several 4 and 5 star recruits, Rattler is transferring and now seeing that their second leading receiver and former 5 star Jadon Hazelwood is transferring as well.

Also back on the original topic. I found this nugget from ESPN interesting:

Over the past 30 years, there have been 12 instances of a coach winning at least 11 games in his final season at the helm of a Power 5/AQ school.

Of those 12:
-- 5 left for the NFL
-- 5 either retired or resigned due to NCAA violations or scandals
-- 2 took a job at a different college football program

Those two CFB instances are Brian Kelly leaving Cincinnati for Notre Dame, and Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for LSU.

Jason Bates; Top Colorado kid at C was committed to OU ?..tweeted, ?Okay then? after the Riley news. I know his Dad, big CU guy who technically played in the NFL.

Everybody(recruits) is on the Riley bandwagon it seems. He may pull off the #1 class over there when all is said and done and both signing days end. The thing is the kids playing defense will still be undisciplined. The USC kids are undisciplined and the Oklahoma kids are undisciplined. I can't see the Riley staff changing that at USC. They will still be living on talent and be beatable against Utah and Oregon. But we will see. Hopefully Michugan can still pull kids from the West.

Back