Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brown deal voided

Heck is Aaron Brown still around. Sign him back up.. At least he knows the play book. Seems like we are getting pretty desperate at running back..

This feels like old time Lions luck...thought we were done with this shit. Jerome, get better. Beat that thing. Cancer is an asshole...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Heck is Aaron Brown still around. Sign him back up.. At least he knows the play book. Seems like we are getting pretty desperate at running back..

No thanks. He's no NFL player.

Romneybot said:
Let's be honest, would he even have made a difference here?

I know we'll never know what could've been but my money's on not much.

Maybe. Certainly more than Harrison who doesn't play at all.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Romneybot said:
Let's be honest, would he even have made a difference here?

I know we'll never know what could've been but my money's on not much.

Well, Brown didn't play for his team either.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":2pziidnf]Heck is Aaron Brown still around. Sign him back up.. At least he knows the play book. Seems like we are getting pretty desperate at running back..

No thanks. He's no NFL player. [/quote:2pziidnf]

A. Brown fits the short term need of a back catching the ball out of the backfield, he was good at it. M Morris & K Williams can handle running the ball

tsmith7559 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

No thanks. He's no NFL player.

A. Brown fits the short term need of a back catching the ball out of the backfield, he was good at it. M Morris & K Williams can handle running the ball

The Lions running game was bad before Best went out....it is bound to be worse now. If the Lions are to win vs. Atl it will have to be a shootout.

You guys can have Tashard Choice. Well could have if Felix wasn't a piece of glass.

Just off the top of my head (not sure if they're free agents or not)....

Fred taylor
Julius Jones
Dom Rhodes
Kareem huggins
L.Maroney
Kevin Smith

Not sure if any would make a difference but I think a couple of those guys could be ok. If Maroney is around n healthy he could be worth a shot.

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Well, Brown didn't play for his team either.

The point was a trade for Brown meant playing time for Brown or otherwise why trade? I'm sure they weren't going to trade for Brown and put him into the same role as harrision, holding up the bench. So it was likely he'd get playing time here.

Well the Lions just have to circle the wagons and adapt.. They tried to draft for a complement to Best and he got hurt so we just need to go hurry up and try to bury teams early. I know easy said then done ut man there is just garbage on the wavier wire for Running backs.. Damn.

mhughes0021 said:
no joke if westbrook was in shape i would mind paying him the minimum to see what he has left in the tank. He looked great at san fran still last year.

He has my vote, cant be any worse. he should be good for 30-60 YPG like our other backs

Remember Morris rushed for over 100 yds in one of our late season victories last year, I think we will be fine if Best is back by the week after the BYE if not , we may need more help.

randyf10 said:
Remember Morris rushed for over 100 yds in one of our late season victories last year, I think we will be fine if Best is back by the week after the BYE if not , we may need more help.

he may be out for the season..

Back