Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Broyles cut

He'll stay in the division.....watch

Hard to see it bro. He has literally done nothing at all to justify his place on a Lions roster for years.

His rookie year, the talent was there, but he couldn't work his way into reps. Since then, the talent is even questionable. Lack of production + lack of staying healthy doesn't exactly make for a lot of teams jumping in after you.

Maybe Green Bay brings him in as an early season body with Jordy out and Cobb banged up... but even that is questionable and I doubt it would be for more than a week or two just to give depth options.

.. and now that I think about it, the reports of him being cut are all based on his Twitter, which really didn't say he was "cut", it said it was time to move on.

Maybe he's the guy traded for Tim Wright?

.. and now that I think about it, the reports of him being cut are all based on his Twitter, which really didn't say he was "cut", it said it was time to move on.

Maybe he's the guy traded for Tim Wright?

Nope, that wasn't it. Kyle Brindza was the guy.

Hard to see it bro. He has literally done nothing at all to justify his place on a Lions roster for years.

His rookie year, the talent was there, but he couldn't work his way into reps. Since then, the talent is even questionable. Lack of production + lack of staying healthy doesn't exactly make for a lot of teams jumping in after you.

Maybe Green Bay brings him in as an early season body with Jordy out and Cobb banged up... but even that is questionable and I doubt it would be for more than a week or two just to give depth options.

Idk, bro. He's finally healthy. He's young and coaches know he has some talent. Because he does have talent. We're just not seeing it right now. It's a numbers game and he's the odd man out. I just don't want to see him as a Bear, Packer or Viking and burn us for years to come. But i got a bad feeling

Idk, bro. He's finally healthy. He's young and coaches know he has some talent. Because he does have talent. We're just not seeing it right now. It's a numbers game and he's the odd man out. I just don't want to see him as a Bear, Packer or Viking and burn us for years to come. But i got a bad feeling

Bud, if there is any talent left in that body, it ain't much. Even when he's been on the field healthy, he hasn't gotten separation, he has no speed left, he just can't do much.

I suppose it's possible an NFC north team could sign him, but I'm not worried about him burning us. He is who we thought he is, hehe.

Injuries derailed him. Glad we have Calvin,Tate,Ebron,Abdullah, Moore and Fuller to deal with this cut.

Injuries derailed him. Glad we have Calvin,Tate,Ebron,Abdullah, Moore and Fuller to deal with this cut.

I agree with you. He was incredibly talented coming out of college, but injuries have taken his train off the rails.

He's lost the speed. He's lost the ability to be physical. He just doesn't have anything worth keeping around at this point.

If I'm the GM of another team, he's not even on my radar. We've seen what he has to offer, and it's nothing worth looking into further.

Watch, he will go to Green Bay

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He still has talent but his attitude stinks. He needs a fresh start. Add it to the list of failure 2nd rounders

He still has talent but his attitude stinks. He needs a fresh start. Add it to the list of failure 2nd rounders

Injured 2nd round picks. Not really failures.

Other cuts:
Deon Butler (TE)
Garrett Gilbert (QB)
Vernon Johnson, (WR)
Desmond Martin (RB)
Roy Philon, (DT)
Jocquel Skinner, (CB)
R.J. Stanford and (CB)
Erik Williams. (DE)

Chris Owens (CB) on IR.

3 more to go to get to 75 by tomorrow. Sept 5th is the day they need to get to 53, then it will be more news worthy, no big surprises here.

Last edited:
It seems Walker won the DT job and Wilson won the nickel job based on Friday. Reid had a shot though but got hurt.

I'm surprised they had Lewis over Whitehead. Whitehead did well last year and can play SAM.

Returner still up in the air.

It seems Walker won the DT job and Wilson won the nickel job based on Friday. Reid had a shot though but got hurt.

I'm surprised they had Lewis over Whitehead. Whitehead did well last year and can play SAM.

Returner still up in the air.

I honestly don't think Lewis getting 1st team reps says he is above Whitehead.

Bud, if there is any talent left in that body, it ain't much. Even when he's been on the field healthy, he hasn't gotten separation, he has no speed left, he just can't do much.

I suppose it's possible an NFC north team could sign him, but I'm not worried about him burning us. He is who we thought he is, hehe.

Maybe. And I hope you're right. Just got that gut feeling. I also feel he's going to be a Panther anyways. They're desperate right now...

Maybe. And I hope you're right. Just got that gut feeling. I also feel he's going to be a Panther anyways. They're desperate right now...

They traded for Norwood, so they're "set"? If that's what you call set.

Point is, they won't juggle an already fragile core anymore this late in the preseason. Their receivers suck, but they needs guys who know the scheme. No time to teach a never-was.

Back